Highly paid City traders are depriving pensioners and savers of thousands of pounds through high management fees that are often hidden, according to leaked advice provided by consultants to the Treasury. The charges are spreading and are so steep that savers may find they get less back in retirement than they invested in savings accounts and pensions over their lifetimes.
- Workers who change jobs hit with excessive pension charges (telegraph.co.uk)
- Majority of women face bleak retirement as study reveals almost two-thirds are not saving for a pension (dailymail.co.uk)
- Millions pay ‘extraordinary’ pensions fees (ft.com)
- EU pension rules could hit millions of pensioners (telegraph.co.uk)
- Prudent savers hit by ‘excessive’ hidden fees on pensions (telegraph.co.uk)
- Words in the News: Pensioner (englishblog.com)