A Swedish man has been arrested after building a nuclear reactor in his kitchen, claiming that splitting atoms is his ‘hobby’.
The Swede, named in media reports as Richard Handl, 31, was taken into custody after he contacted the country’s Radiation Authority, who in turn alerted police. Handl had kept a blog on his efforts, stating recently, “I was arrested and sent to jail, when the police and the Swedish Radiation Safety Authory (sic) searched my apartment”.
more @ Yahoo!
- Swede Held For Building Nuclear Reactor In His Kitchen (huffingtonpost.com)
- Kitchen nuclear reactor leaves Swede handcuffed (rt.com)
- Sweet Lab: Swedish Man Arrested After Trying To Build ‘Nuclear Reactor’ In Kitchen (geekologie.com)
- Swede cuffed for cooking nuclear reactor on kitchen stovetop (go.theregister.com)
- The Swedish Man Who Tried To Build A Nuclear Reactor In His Kitchen (neatorama.com)