email

George Rolph--Hunger Strike

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
George Rolph--Hunger Strike
« on: June 03, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »
http://kittysjones.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/george-rolph-on-hunger-strike-because-of-having-his-benefits-denied-is-censored-by-facebook/

Hunger striker protesting against UK government?s treatment of disabled censored by Facebook
by Tom Pride 

(not satire - it's the UK today)

George Rolph is on Day 14 of a hunger strike protesting against the UK government's appalling treatment of the disabled, the sick and the most vulnerable people in society.

This morning Facebook deactivated George Rolph's page without warning - no reason was given.

Presumably the fact that someone in the UK is so appalled by the government's persecution of the vulnerable and the poor that they're willing to die to try to stop it, is far too uncomfortable for Facebook to contemplate.

But pretending it's not happening won't make it go away.

You can read the fuller story about George Rolph here:

George Rolph is on Hunger Strike because of having his disability benefits denied.

==========================================================================
George Rolph is on Hunger Strike because of having his disability benefits denied. He has been censored by Facebook

June 3, 2013 Comments: 25

936_490548701014663_918849902_n

George?s CALL TO ACTION letter is below.

Today, 3rd June, 2013, George Rolph was banned from Facebook, without reason.  He is in Day 14 of his Hunger Strike, which he is doing for others going through what he has had to endure, whilst also trying to get the general public to wake up to what is happening to the most vulnerable people in the United Kingdom, a country which once cared for all those less fortunate than ourselves.

He will not stop this Hunger Strike until the British Government and ATOS stop their Persecution of the Sick, the Disabled, the Poor, the Carers, the Unemployed, even if it means he has to die in doing so.

Please, share his story out, and please note that the government, are pushed, albeit unwillingly, by the public?s reaction,and  have now reinstated George the benefits due to him, but he remains on Hunger Strike until this horror stops, for so many have already been driven to take their own lives, and many have died because they are ill and cannot cope with the strain of a revolving door process: having the money they need to survive on taken from them, repeated assessments and appeals. It?s wicked persecution and bullying of the worst kind, and directed at our most vulnerable citizens.

?***URGENT NOTICE***

To People Across the UK and The World Please Read and Hear UK Hunger Striker George Rolph?s Call to Action Read Publicly at St. George?s Hall, Liverpool, June 1st, 2013! Today is Day 13 of George?s Hunger Strike and He Asks ?Will You Fight With Me?? ?We all know about the growing disconnect in this country between those who claim to lead us and the people they want to lead. We have all seen the ever more intrusive nature of government poking into our daily lives. Right now you are on cameras that are watching you closely. Give them a wave and a cheer. We have witnessed the awful corruption going on, both here in the UK, and in the EU.

We have sat and gasped as politicians have openly led us into illegal wars in other lands. All of these things and much more than I have mentioned here leave us feeling soiled as a people. As if we have been dragged unwillingly in some perverts private party. It feels like our land is not our land any more. It has been stolen from us and we are just drones who keep it all ticking over so others can benefit from your labours, while you get fed in drips and drabs, the little bits that fall from the table. We watch as the London Mayor and other politicians take our money to build huge expensive projects, so they can strut around looking proud and having massive ego trips in front of the cameras.

Yet, in the midst of this financial splurging, we see the same people hammering the poorest and most vulnerable people in the land. Energy prices are zooming through the roof. That drives all prices up. Yet, at the same time, benefits for the poor are either cut or done away with. A new bedroom tax is imposed which is making people homeless or causing massive problems for people who have to find the money in the face of shrinking income. Make no mistake. This is not accidental. The politicians know EXACTLY what they are doing and they are following a script, the details of which they have hidden from us, but which they are feeding to us a little at a time. Did you notice, for example, that just before the new welfare reforms for the sick and disabled were announced, the media had a propaganda blitz on people faking sickness to scrounge dole money? It is called social psychology and you and I are the targets of it.

When those reforms came in I went happily to the ATOS assessment interviews, because I had nothing to hide. I was sick. I was not scrounging anything. I needed help, that is all. Three times I passed. Three times I answered the same questions the same way and passed unfit to work. On the forth time, despite the questions and answers being the same, they took all of my benefits away. Someone, to meet a target set by government, decided to ignore the other three assessment reports and single me out for another kind of treatment. The imposition of total poverty! I knew what was coming to me then, but I was too shocked to think about it.

No money to pay rent. No money to pay gas or electricity bills. No money to pay council tax demands. No money to pay the phone bill. No money to buy clothes. No money to buy food. I was facing bailiffs, eviction, hunger and homelessness at 60 years of age. I knew I would not live long on the streets. I knew they were condemning me to certain death. I only had two things left. My dignity and my fighting spirit. I decided to fight back! I decided I would not just tug my forelock and accept my fate as I backed away from my ?masters? in government. I decided I did not like the idea of being their serf! I decided to use what they had planned for me, against them.

If they wanted me dead OK. I would die, but I would do it exposing them for what they are, and I would do it for all the other sick and disabled people they had already driven to suicide, despair or were about to hurt. I went on hunger strike. I went on Facebook and I began to yell the place down. People began to come and see what all the noise was about. At first a few. Then more. Then more. Then more. I have told them NOT to copy me but to fight with me. I have told them the same truth I am going to tell you now. THIS LAND DOES NOT BELONG TO THE POLITICIANS AND NEITHER DO YOUR LIVES. THIS LAND IS YOURS AND YOUR LIVES ARE YOURS TOO. NO ONE OWNS YOU. NO ONE HAS A RIGHT TO ABUSE AND MANIPULATE YOU THROUGH SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY OR ECONOMIC TERRORISM.

There is however an even deeper truth and it is simply this: YOU, ARE WHERE THE REAL POWER LIES and if you will stand together as one, you can make those politicians that are hurting and killing our people in the name of ideology or profit, back into the public servants they really are. STAND TALL. STAND PROUD. STAND STRONG. You do not need to be violent. You only need to be united. Tell these corrupted, ruthless and vile politicians that you DEMAND your country back. You DEMAND that they take care of our weakest. You DEMAND they withdraw their poverty creating taxes. I am willing to give my life to help those who cannot help themselves.

Not because I am special. Or a hero. Or because I want to be famous, but because I have a heart that bleeds for them and I cannot bare what these vermin in Westminster and beyond are doing to our nation. WE MUST STOP ATOS AND WE MUST DO IT FAST. Don?t let them fool you. You do not need to gain power. YOU ARE THE POWER UNDER GOD IN THIS LAND. WILL YOU HELP ME TO FIGHT FOR YOU BY FIGHTING BESIDE ME? God bless you all. Look me up on Facebook and lets get to work.?

George Rolph 6-1-2013 Alteri serviens consumor ? ?In serving others, I myself destroy:?

Today, 3rd June, 2013, George Rolph was banned from Facebook, without reason.  He is in Day 14 of his Hunger Strike, which he is doing for others going through what he has had to endure, whilst also trying to get the general public to wake up to what is happening to the most vulnerable people in the United Kingdom, a country which once cared for all those less fortunate than ourselves. We once celebrated the achievements of people with disability, but we are no longer a civilised society that values the equal worth of all of it?s citizens.

George will not stop this Hunger Strike until the British Government and ATOS stop their Persecution of the Sick, the Disabled, the Poor, the Carers, the Unemployed, even if it means he has to die in doing so.

This must stop. The persecution and deaths must stop.

Please, share his story out.

With thanks to Lizzie Cornish for the narrative, which I?ve added to.

Thanks to Robert Livingstone for his brilliant art work

Further Reading:

Mentally ill Downham man on hunger strike after his benefits are taken

George?s Story

George?s Statement

What you need to now about Atos assessments

The Atos Revolving Door Process and related death increase

The UK Government got it wrong about our human rights

Contact Iain Duncan Smith and tell him what you think of his welfare ?reforms? (that is doublespeak for ?CUTS?)

--25 thoughts on ?George Rolph is on Hunger Strike because of having his disability benefits denied. He has been censored by Facebook?

Editor June 3, 2013 at 3:34 pm Reply

Reblogged this on kickingthecat.

kittysjones June 3, 2013 at 3:49 pm Reply

Thank you Editor

John D June 3, 2013 at 3:59 pm Reply

Respect to Rolph on his fortitude and sincerity but Facebook censoring ?for no reason?? So publicising someone (potentially) starving themselves to death is not of consequence? You can disagree with FBs actions ? they?ve enough dodgy actions behind them to inspire mistrust ? but there are real consequences behind hunger strikes and there are serious discussions to be had about the responsibilities of social media in situations like this.

max June 3, 2013 at 4:03 pm Reply

I imagine his fb page got deleted because of the request for people to spam post and email to Atos. It probably counts as harrassment until fb terms and conditions. Atos will have been quick to complain about it?

greg June 3, 2013 at 4:11 pm Reply

I have had enough. Time for a bit of ?direct action? I am as an adult male capable & willing to make decisions. I live in the West Lothian area of Scotland. I am more then willing to receive details of all & anyone?s ATOS home assessment within the Lothian area. On the time in question I might find myself in the immediate area, taking photo & videos. I love Scottish architecture. If anyone get?s on to the video footage, whether they work for ATOS or not, would be entirely accidental. This complies to the Data Protection Act which states that you have no expectation of privacy when out in public. It could not be considered harassment under law either. If I were to receive such information about an individuals ATOS home assessment, the individual who gave me said information would not be culpable of anything, as I have absolutely no intent to break the law & will comply to all laws that govern me as a citizen of this country. Thus you could not be prejudiced against for my actions. Follow me on Twitter @biggsy1977 if you would like to get in contact.

qashie j June 3, 2013 at 4:20 pm Reply

George most of the sick & disablled are behind you. I have said it all along that this Government have lost sight of the fact that they are employed by the voters & are our employees, as for ATOS /DWP & IDS shoulld be charged crimes against the people who are ill, We the voters should standup to this shower of murdering baskets asap?
 Well done kittysjones for highlighting Georges story

pcattani June 3, 2013 at 4:20 pm Reply

Can someone reproduce George?s post about sending letters to ATOS?

theoldhatman June 3, 2013 at 4:35 pm Reply

Please join and demand the Government respond to George Rolph hunger strike so that he will end it and come to no harm??http://www.facebook.com/groups/597299293622889/

Derek Winder June 3, 2013 at 4:35 pm Reply

what a sick,tired and cruel government we have.the worst government in living memory.time the fought back in mass protests around the country while demanding this wimp of a man Cameron resignation for deliberately causin poverty,starvation and death to the people in this country.time for legal action to be taken.

rainbowwarriorlizzie June 3, 2013 at 4:35 pm Reply

Reblogged this on HUMAN RIGHTS & POLITICAL JOURNAL and commented:
 George We Stand with you, we Stand Tall, and Stand Strong Together in Unity In Solidarity!!!! In Gods name AMEN

kittysjones June 3, 2013 at 4:46 pm Reply

Thank you so much Rainbowwarriorlizzie

rainbowwarriorlizzie June 3, 2013 at 5:44 pm 

Kitty I am so saddened to read all the negative response and comments it brought me to tears in my heart sis. How can people be so heartless and so cruel :-( Only those hateful people who support the David Camerons and IB in this world. Am beside myself. My mission now is to Stand Tall, and Strong with George and all our brothers and sisters for justice. And one day they will have to stand before the Lord for all the murder, pillage, rape of our human rights. Join with me in prayer dear Kitty and let us stand together In Solidarity xxxx

Clydeside Red (@Clydeside_Red) June 3, 2013 at 4:39 pm Reply

Shared on Facebook & twitter from Toronto, Canada

kittysjones June 3, 2013 at 4:54 pm Reply

Thank you so much Clydeside Red

anony June 3, 2013 at 4:43 pm Reply

Here is George?s original post:

http://justpaste.it/2rtf

kittysjones June 3, 2013 at 4:49 pm Reply

Thank you anony

kittysjones June 3, 2013 at 4:53 pm Reply

I?ve also hyperlinked it on the blog, many thanks anony

disabilityservitude June 3, 2013 at 4:44 pm Reply

Re blogged.

kittysjones June 3, 2013 at 4:55 pm Reply

Thank you

nollyprott June 3, 2013 at 5:02 pm Reply

http://nollyprott.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/green-holocaust-2/

Paul June 3, 2013 at 5:23 pm Reply

Have started to send mails to the list to help George, as these two companies have nearly driven my fiancee to suicide and two of my closest friends to the same level

kittysjones June 3, 2013 at 5:56 pm Reply

Yes they did me in 2011, Paul. I?ve been reassessed since then, too. And now I am talking to so many feeling the same way. I work with others in support groups to try and help as best we can

Up to date information: http://kittysjones.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/1560/

Hunger striker protesting against UK government?s treatment of disabled censored by Facebook | Pride's Purge June 3, 2013 at 5:46 pm Reply

[?] George Rolph is on Hunger Strike because of having his disability benefits denied.  [?]

George Rolph, Hunger Striking Against ATOS, Has Been Censored By Facebook | Same Difference June 3, 2013 at 5:49 pm Reply

[?] posted from here to show my support of George Rolph?s right to a Facebook [?]

Mervyn Endacott June 3, 2013 at 5:52 pm Reply

shared on Facebook

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:25:33 PM by the leveller »

email

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

COMODO SECURE