Why Cameron wants to push EU Referendum beyond 31st March 2017

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
QMV proof here..http://en.euabc.com/word/783

Qualified majority voting, QMV

Notes 

- In normal voting procedures in international organisations, every member has one vote each. In the EU Council of Ministers they normally vote with weighting votes where e.g. Ireland vote with 7 votes and Germany and the UK with 29 votes each.

- Qualified majority voting is the most common form of voting in the EU Council of Ministers.   

The future 

From 1 November 2014 the Lisbon Treaty imposes a new system, where member states also vote according to their population. Then e.g. Ireland will vote with 4.4 million citizens and Germany with 82 millions. The system require a „double majority” - as today where laws shall also have a majority of member states voting in favour. 

From 2014 there shall be 55 % of the member states representing 65% of the population of the EU to adopt an act. At least 4 countries are needed to block a decision while at least 15 countries must back up a decision for it to come into force. Including the population factor mainly benefits the bigger countries while the "one country one vote" element benefits the smaller countries. The new system makes it much easier to take decisions. Today qualified majority requires 74 % of the weighted votes in the Council.

The Lisbon system requires 72 % of the  member states and 65 % of the population for the few cases where a proposal does not need a Commission initiative. In this lexicon we call it super-qualified majority.

It is used when a new Commission shall be assembled and when the European Council shall elect its new permanent President.   

The President of the European Commission is the head of the European Commission ― the executive branch of the European Union (EU) ― the most powerful officeholder in the EU.[1] The President is responsible for allocating portfolios to members of the Commission and can reshuffle or dismiss them if needed. They determine the Commission's policy agenda and all the legislative proposals it produces (the Commission is the only body that can propose EU laws)

Links 

See also with the number of votes for each country in Voting in the Council. Majority voting

On Monday, 2 June 2014, 11:11,

Why Cameron wants to push EU Referendum beyond 31st March 2017

http://ironiestoo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/why-cameron-wants-to-push-eu-referendum.html

Last evening I received a message from an always reliable source the essence of which is the following:

On the 1st November 2014 the right of Parliament to legislate over us in 43 areas, the important ones, will be removed and be made subject to approval, by majority vote of the lying undemocratic and unelected xxxxxxxx fronting the EU.
 They call it QMV, Quality Majority Voting, which translates in English to: You’ll do what we tell you, or else.
Heath – Thatcher – Major – Blair – Brown, are all, by allowing this, acting in High Treason, but as every important Government post is now held by an EU Common Purpose trained thug, waiting to take over from elected local government officials from 1st November 2014, there seems to be little we can do about it.
 Below, are the 43 areas of ‘competence’, areas we British have been declared incompetent to decide for ourselves.

Please see link above for more details.
-------------

E- Petition - QMV

This leads me into mentioning the e-petition which I circulated yesterday.  A couple of recipients to my Press Matters had been concerned that these 43 areas of 'competence' were indeed important and had written to me (I'm sure that we all do).  I found the e-petition on the HM Government petition website and circulated forthwith.  At the time of my signing, there were 637 signatures on it and now there are 968 - a 50% increase overnight.  Bearing in mind that there are more than 37,000 UKIP members and if each member encouraged two more people to sign then the target should be met comfortably (given that not everybody accesses a computer).  There is no guarantee of a parliamentary debate (though one is supposedly triggered by reaching 100,000 but it must surely provide ammunition?

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/65707

By the way, a couple of people chose to write in to me about the punctuation of the e-petition.  I do not know Matthew Stephens (coincidence that we have the same name).  Please bear in mind that having more than 500 people directly on my circulation list then my inbox can easily become 'clogged up'........Matthew is to be congratulated on setting up the e-petition.  Does anybody know who he is?

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk