Some serious questions for my Tory MP seeking re-election.Ashley Mote

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0

Some serious questions for my Tory MP seeking re-election‏
[email protected] 

08/04/2015 

This has gone this morning to my local MP who is seeking re-election.  Damian Hinds, NE Hampshire. 

A wet Tory who supports the EU!

I gladly acknowledge the inclusion of some splendid material from Bill and Ann Woodhouse

regards to all

Ashley Mote
=====================================

Good morning, Damian.

I hope to attend your meeting in Binsted next week, but meanwhile I am provoked by your election leaflet to raise a few questions.

1. Defence of the Realm - This is the first duty of government but our forces have been reduced to near impotence and are now threatened with ‘law’ invented by the EU for peacetime and wholly damaging to our forces in times of war and defence.  Did you see the letter from past Chiefs of Staff in The Times on Tuesday.  How is your party planning to respond to that?

2. Immigration - we all know our country’s infrastructure, health service, education, welfare and everything else is overstretched to breaking point.  Last year alone the net immigration figure was nearly 300,000 despite Mr Cameron giving a “no if’s no but’s” promise to reduce it to tens of thousands.  A broken promise – in spades. 

3.  We live in area which has yet to feel the full impact of immigration, except for the endless demand for new housing.  Yet the indigenous population is not driving demand.  It is not even reproducing itself at a sustainable level.  Muslims, on the other hand, always have large families and are driving the current birth-rate skywards.  They are also changing the essential indigenous demographics of the UK, to the great concern of millions of us.  The serious and permanent loss of farmland and other greenfield sites for more housing is almost entirely generated by these immigrants and exacerbates the anxieties of the majority. 

4.  Before the last election we were promised a referendum on the EU and the possibility of our leaving.  Another promise blatantly broken.  How can we believe the new one, especially since your leaflet ‘forgot’ to mention it?  A woeful and revealing omission.

5. The National Debt - since the ConDem government has been in power our debt has doubled to the staggering sum of £1.5 trillion, thus increasing our annual debt interest to £70 billion.  This is more than we spend on Defence.   Cameron and Osborne evade this horrific reality and talk only of bringing down the deficit – as you do.  But even that has been pitifully inadequate.  Perhaps you feel this rural constituency is too stupid to understand the difference between the deficit and National Debt?

6.  Why has no government of modern times, yours included (another promise broken), taken decisions about new legislation with some comprehension that, if you generate new law you also generate new costs of enforcement to the public purse?  The employment of more public sector workers – even if they are hidden in quangos – follows new law as night follows day.  If you win power again, are you genuinely going to ‘slash and burn’ the monstrous interference in the private lives of British subjects imposed by current levels of legislation, especially that dumped on us by the lunatics in Brussels?

Finally, may I remind you of the words of H.L. Mencken - Circa 1930

"The Government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me.  They have no special talent for the business of government;  they have only a talent for getting and holding office. 

"Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can't get, and to promise to give it to them.  Nine times out of  ten that promise is worth nothing.  The tenth time it is made good by looting A to satisfy B. 

"In other words government is a broker of pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods.”

Overstated, perhaps, but Mencken had a point.

I await your comments with interest, please.

Ashley Mote

Binsted

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:57:41 PM by the leveller »

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk