show/hide profile info
Register to take part
email

Ben Fellows: ?Murdoch Newspaper Does a ?BBC? to Protect Pedophiles and Child Abu

• 4 Replies

the watcher

Ben Fellows: ?Murdoch Newspaper Does a ?BBC? to Protect Pedophiles and Child Abusers?
October 22, 2012

By Ben Fellows
21st Century Wire
The Jimmy Savile paedophile ring at the centre of the BBC has taken an interesting twist this week as this journalist has come to realise that accusations of child abuse and paedophilia only extend to the deceased.
If you?re a living, breathing human being in the entertainment industry mainstream media won?t expose you. If you are a paedophile or child abuser in the entertainment industry and are famous or powerful you can breath a sigh of relief ? you won?t be exposed, at least not by the Murdoch empire.

The Times may have canned the story because of a name tied to SKY.
It all started when I was contacted by Ruth Lewy from The Timesnewspaper on October 16, 2012. She wanted me to do an exclusive interview about my experiences as a child actor when I had run the gauntlet of paedophiles in the entertainment industry. She wanted to?give this a great showing? but she would also ?want to be the only people you speak to until it appears in print this weekend.? All I asked for in return for giving The Times an exclusive was that the story would definitely run. She agreed to the terms and said that senior Times journalist Jack Malvern would interview me and a photographer would take some pictures of me for the article, which would appear on Saturday the 20th October 2012. So we arranged a time and a place to meet.
Jack Malvern a tall, balding ex-public school boy complete with the uniform of his generation was late to the meeting. When he did eventually arrive he had to go shopping for a new pad! When he did eventually arrive proper, he sat down in front of me at the Novotel in Greenwich and asked me specifically to name names of people who, I alleged, were suspected paedophiles or had abused me in some way while I was a minor.
For the next two hours I sat in the Novotel being interviewed intensely and having only one cup of tea. The deal was that I was happy to name alleged paedophiles and child abusers in the wider industry, based on my own experiences but the story had to run.
What was good about the article, I thought, was that The Times were going to be brave and publish the names of actual living breathing people, rather than dead people like Jimmy Savile or Wilfred Brambell. Famous and powerful people who could argue back, perhaps call me a liar or fantasist in an attempt to clear their name.
I talked about *******(Name redacted at the request of Cabinet Office) in political lobbyist Ian Greer?s office. How he gave me alcohol in an attempt to get me drunk. I explained to Jack Malvern that there was even video evidence of the incident as we?d filmed it during our ?cash for questions? sting operation for The Cook Report, we had a camera in a briefcase which captured the sordid event.
I talked about a senior female BBC producer who likes to have sex with teenagers. Or I should say have sex with me when I was a teenager. I continued with a long list of names of extremely well known actors, casting directors, producers, directors, writers and executives who had all abused me or attempted to abuse me sexually while I was a child actor.
I explained to Jack Malvern of The Times, that I only ever had sexual relations with women however that didn?t stop predatory gay men from attempting to get into my pants. As a child actor you are not responsible for your actions, you?re na?ve, vulnerable and quite frankly an idiot, well I was. So, saying no when powerful industry people are telling you to take drugs with the implication that if you don?t ? you won?t be hanging around for long, is highly unlikely. It?s one of the oldest tricks in the book and works really on children, now add sex, money and power into the mix and you?re lucky if you don?t spend life after being a child actor in rehab and therapy ? of course some do.

So, from the age of 15 I was a regular at Stringfellows, Cafe De Paris and The Atlantic Bar and Grill. I attended many celebrities parties and private functions.
One party was in a house in the New Forest and I must have been around sixteen at the time. At the party was a certain founder of a child protection charity. I was given drugs, alcohol and was propositioned by men and women all night until I ended up passed out in the garden. I eventually got a cab back to my digs in a terrible state. You?d think that for someone who is known for their charitable works protecting children she might insist that this party was for adults only and make me go home or at least keep an eye on me and stop me from drinking ? recognising the fact that I looked and was very young.
For consenting adults there is nothing wrong with sex, drugs and rock ?n? roll. However, I was a teenager and was being introduced to a very murky world by so called ?respectable? industry figures and celebrities.
Now, none of my story seemed to be a problem for Jack Malvern when he interviewed me, he was happy to publish what I said. After the interview I even checked to see if he was happy with what I said. The only issue was that later in the day he wanted to interview my mother about an incident when I was called into a casting for a major drinks company. I gave him my mother?s telephone number, he left two messages which she ignored as she didn?t want to talk to him. My mother never agreed to talk to Jack Malvern which is what I told him when I later informed him that she didn?t want to be interviewed as she?s a very private person and it was her choice. Jack Malvern didn?t seem to think it was an issue and left me with the impression that the article would run as planned on Saturday 20th October 2012.
Of course printed here are just a few stories of the many that I told him. He?d asked for names and I?d given them to him with details only one who was there would know. He even emphathised at one point and told me that my story rang true for him as he?d experienced similar problems with predatory gay men when he was a young journalist or so he told me.
Little did I know that the next BBC person I named was the one that would stop the article from coming out. The person who I am referring to shall remain nameless in this article, however they are a new star of SKY Television. It seems that Sky have a lot invested in this person and like the BBC stopping the Jimmy Savile Newsnight programme Murdoch et al. have withdrawn an explosive article in The Times that threatened to reveal a far seedier side of their new star than they would like. Drug taking, inappropriate sexual behaviour and child abuse isn?t something the Murdoch empire want revealed.
Now, Jack Malvern of The Times may say that I?m an unreliable person or that they couldn?t corroborate the accusations I was making. But isn?t that what child abuse is all about? There are laws preventing people from making false allegations so why would I lie. In any case they said they?d run the article either with or without the names. So, why didn?t it run? My theory is that they didn?t want to give me the platform of appearing in The Times, just in case I mentioned names at a later date.
The Murdoch empire and BBC are clearly safe havens for child abusers to operate.
A society that takes the position of not believing victims, hiding the truth and protecting abusers for their own personal gain is a sad state of affairs. It is typical of a society gone mad, set up to procure children and to protect paedophiles. In other words children?s well-being comes down to simply politics. If you accuse someone of abuse and they happen to be famous or powerful then tough luck you lose. You won?t be believed, regardless of the validity of your claims by either the state or mainstream corporate media seems to be the message.
The irony is that the Murdoch empire, who has always been quick to name and shame is curiously reluctant when it comes to naming one of its own stars. It appears that the empire is only prepared to expose child abusers and paedophiles as long as it doesn?t affect its own reputation.
We?ve moved on from just phone hacking.
One of News International?s slogans on their Website is ?We?re delivering more news, to more people, more often, in more ways than ever?. If the Murdoch press is willing to deny the public vital information which is in their interest to know, like exposing paedophiles and child abusers, then the question has to be ? Are News International?s titles worth the paper they?re written on? Or more importantly, are the Murdochs responsible enough to run a media empire influencing millions of people all around the world.
If they?re hiding child abuse, then the answer is no.
Listen to The Ben Fellows Radio Show atwww.thebenfellowsradioshow.com.
?
RELATED: BEN FELLOWS SAYS ?THEY ASKED ME TO NAME NAMES, BUT DIDN?T LIKE THE ONES I GAVE!?
RELATED: ?I RAN THE GAUNTLET OF PEDOPHILES IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY?
RELATED: ?HE?LL FIX IT!? SIR JIMMY WAS A CHILD ?FIXER? FOR THE ELITE

from JUSTICE DENIED website -

Around this period Andrea (Davison) also found time to work tirelessly to expose pedophiles in the the Police and in the Government Such as Lord McAlpine the Tory Treasurer and Tory Derek Laud. Both were close friends of long-time Conservative Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, a close friend of Jimmy Savile who recently was exposed as a pedophile. She started to work with the then shadow Home Secretary Tony Blair who tried to get the then Home Secretary Kenneth Clark to take action against the Police. But Clark who years later as Justice Secretary would make sure Andrea was prevented from having a fair trial refused to help and instead protected the paedophiles in his Government and in the Police.

Andrea and journalist Pete Sawyer continued the exposure through a magazine called Scallywag who?seditor died mysteriously in Cyprus in 1995. Scallywag alsoexposed that MI5 took foreign diplomats to the North Wales homes and secretly filmed them abusing and torturing boys to use the tapes for blackmail. This is a classic Intelligence modus operandi with regard to child abuse by the famous and influential ? especially politicians that they want to control.. This all linked covert arms deals and child abuse.

In Interviews the victims named many police officers including DC Stephen Winnard of Derby who later arrested Andrea in 2010, and senior figures including Jimmy Saville and Lord McAlpine and all these interviews were kept by Andrea.

Then the Tory Governmentordered a reportand Mr Jillings from Derbyshire Social Services was ordered to make a full report into the abuse in Children?s Homes. But the Government refused to publish thereport because it dammed the Police in North Wales and Derby and implicated Government ministers and senior Tory?s.

Then in 1991the storybroke into the main stream when the Independent HTV and Private Eye publiciced the abuse. Between 1991 and 1993, North Wales Police mounted a huge retrospective investigation and subsequently referred some 800 allegations to the Crown Prosecutions Service. Fewer than 3% of these referrals proceeded to trial, much to the dismay and mystification of many of the alleged victims and of the adults who knew the extent and nature of the alleged abuse.

The North Wales Child Abuse Tribunal of Inquiry was announced in summer 1996 by William Hague, then Secretary of State for Wales. The announcement followed more than a decade of abuse allegations, counter allegations, police investigations, the conviction of a handful of former social workers, the broken promise of a public inquiry, the suppression of at least one damning report on abuse in children?s homes in North Wales, and mounting public and political concern. The Waterhouse Tribunal of Inquiry was commissioned butthe judge gave immunity from prosecution to all the paedophiles who gave evidence and so was a total whitewash. The Judge also made it contempt of court for anyone to publish the names of the pedophiles and so the names could never be spoken and lay gathering dust in Andrea's home untill one of the accused DC Stephen WInnard Seized them.

READ MORE 21ST CENTURY WIRE 

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
After the Savile scandal, a revolution in child protection

The Frontline scheme has been given the go-ahead amid concern about child protection in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal

A revolution in child protection which would see elite graduates fast-tracked into social work has been given the go-ahead by Michael Gove, The Independent on Sunday can reveal.

The programme, called Frontline, is modelled on Teach First and would create a new movement of social workers to bring leadership, prestige and a sense of "social mission" to one of the least appealing and most widely criticised professions.

The Education Secretary gave the green light to the plan amid growing concern about child protection in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal. The revelations have once again highlighted widespread problems with the protection of children and the state of social work in Britain, which has been described as a "national scandal" by Lord Adonis, the former education minister.

Social workers were criticised for failing to act on signs of abuse in the shocking cases of Baby Peter and Victoria Climbi?, and research has shown that those working in the profession often lack the assertiveness to challenge parents in problem cases. Earlier this month, Birmingham Social Services was criticised by Ofsted for continuing "inadequate" protection of children, despite improvements made following the death of Khyra Ishaq in the city in 2008.

The profession is in a state of crisis, say experts, with social workers struggling with increasing workloads, spending cuts by local authorities, and dwindling morale following high-profile cases. Last year there were 1,350 vacancies for social workers, while only 5 per cent of people who started training in this field last year had been to one of the Russell Group of leading universities. At the same time, calls relating to child abuse to the NSPCC helpline have more than doubled in the past two years, with nearly three-quarters of those calls referred to the authorities.

The Frontline idea was developed by Josh MacAlister, who underwent the Teach First programme and is a head of department at a secondary school in Greater Manchester. Mr MacAlister first suggested the "Teach First for social work" in 2010, when it was reported by The IoS. Lord Adonis, the former schools minister and ex-adviser on education to Tony Blair, helped to develop the idea. Last week Lord Adonis and Mr MacAlister held talks with Mr Gove, who ordered a business plan to implement Frontline.

Like Teach First, the Frontline programme would involve two-year in-work training for graduates, who would need to show qualities needed for social work before starting the course, including compassion, leadership and a confidence to challenge and use authority. Individuals would start with an intensive summer school of training before being placed in a frontline working role, where they would complete academic study and social work training in the first year, leading to a recognised social-work qualification.

The second year would involve continued in-job training at the same local authority. Graduates would have their salaries in the first year paid by Frontline, which would be established as a social enterprise, independent of government and local authorities. The second year would be funded by local authorities.

Similar to Teach First, Frontline participants would be committed to only two years, and would then be free to leave the profession. But Mr MacAlister argues that because of the rewarding nature of the "social mission" involved in jobs such as teaching and social work, individuals would feel motivated to stay on.

While social work already requires a degree qualification, there has been criticism that the training is poorly suited to the practical realities of the profession.

A report putting the case for Frontline by Mr MacAlister, for the IPPR think tank, found that of 2,765 people who started a degree in social work last year, only five individuals had been to Oxford or Cambridge, suggesting that social work is not regarded as a high-status profession. Two-thirds of social work students pass their degree the first time round, while only 12 per cent of applicants have three grade As at A-level or equivalent.

The idea could be met with resistance by some in the field, especially as being a high-flying graduate would not necessarily equip an individual with the life experience needed to spot abuse or neglect in children. But Mr MacAlister argues that Frontline would be also open to older, more experienced graduates who wanted to switch career.

Local authorities experience such a high turnover of staff that they frequently have to rely on agency staff to fill gaps. As a result, vulnerable children can be seen by several different social workers in one year, which can lead to oversights in their care. Council budgets have been cut by an average of 10 per cent this year, further putting the lives of vulnerable children at risk, said the IPPR report.

The report, published this month, said: "Children's social work is under enormous strain. Chronic funding pressures, a ballooning workload and a poorly trained and supported workforce have all combined to put vulnerable children's lives at risk.

"Despite the importance of an effective workforce, social work has struggled to recruit and train enough high-calibre staff; it has suffered from a perception of low prestige, and been criticised for offering degree courses that provide inadequate training."

Earlier this month, Lord Adonis, who was in care as a child, wrote: "The status of the social work profession is frankly a national scandal. The status quo is similar to comprehensive school teaching a decade ago: high vacancy rates and far too few good young graduates with burning motivation or excellent training and support. For tens of thousands of children each year social workers not only make a profound difference to their life chances; they are often the difference between danger and safety in a child's life."

Teach First, which was implemented by Lord Adonis as Mr Blair's adviser in 2002 to improve teaching in "challenging" comprehensives, has attracted more than 3,000 elite graduates to the teaching profession over the past decade and is regarded as a success. Although the graduates are committed to only two years of teaching, more than half have remained in the profession.

'It used to be more about the person. Now it's about figures and time and budgets'

Sonia Simpson has been on the front-line of social work for the past 10 years.

Yesterday she welcomed government moves to bring in a Teach First-style scheme for social workers. "I think it's a good thing that the Government is trying to raise standards," Ms Simpson said. "At least it is trying to communicate to people that social work isn't the easy option."

Ms Simpson, 50, said the move was in contrast to what often appeared to be a complete lack of government interest in the increasing pressure being put on social workers.

She added that in recent years morale among many of her colleagues has plummeted, as budget cuts and public criticism take their toll: "It has become all about doing more with less. It used to be more about the person and now it's about figures and time and budgets.

"As soon as you mention the word social worker, the perception is negative. They think you're either putting old people in homes or you're putting people in care."

Ms Simpson admitted that she did have reservation about the scheme. "It could mean that we go back to what it was in the 1970s, when a lot of social workers were white middle-class do-gooders," she said.

"It's great to be academic, but does that mean you'll be a good practising social worker, and will know how to deal with people whose lives are in crisis?"

Sanchez Manning

The cases that went wrong

Peter Connelly

Baby P died aged 17 months in August 2007 at the hands of his mother, Tracey Connelly, her abusive boyfriend and their lodger. The toddler, who suffered more than 50 injuries, was on the at-risk register and was visited 60 times by social workers, doctors and police.

Victoria Climbie

Tortured to death by her great-aunt, Marie-Therese Kouao, and Kouao's lover, Carl Manning, in 2000, eight-year-old Victoria, could have been saved if had it not been for a lack of communication between social workers, nurses, doctors and police officers.

Khyra Ishaq

The seven-year-old from Handsworth, Birmingham, died weighing 2st 9lb in 2008 after mistreatment at the hands of her stepfather Junaid Abuhamza and mother Angela Gordon. A serious case review found social workers failed to listen to people's concerns.

Rochdale

Social workers placed 20 children from six families into care in 1990 after becoming convinced they were suffering from satanic abuse by their parents. The investiagtion was triggered when Daniel Wilson then six, told teachers he had had nightmares about ghosts. No evidence of abuse was found.

Orkney

Nine children were taken from their beds in South Ronaldsay by police because social workers believed they were being abused by a satanic paedophile ring. The alarm was triggered by Morris MacKenzie. The children were held in care for five weeks on the mainland before being returned after no evidence was found.

Harrison Garland

Amy Garland and Paul Crummey were accused by social workers in South Gloucestershire of child abuse after doctors failed to spot that their six-week-old son Harrison's "injuries" to his legs were caused by a rare genetic bone disease Osteogenesis imperfecta. When the doctors realised their mistake, the case was dropped.

SOURCE=THE INDEPENDANT ON SUNDAY
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:15:23 PM by the leveller »

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
Creepy Jimmy banned from Children in Need
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 11:13:31 PM »

By Telegraph reporters

11:48AM GMT 29 Oct 2012

Sir Roger Jones, OBE, former chairman of Children in Need said: "He was a creepy sort of character - we didn't want him anywhere near the charity."

Sir Roger, 69, was also a governor of BBC Wales at the time. He said he did not have have evidence to report Savile to management at the Corporation.

But he said Savile was banned from any involvement at the annual Children in Need TV fundraiser because of "rumours" about his interest in young girls.

The revelation will once again raise questions about how much was known within the BBC about Savile's behaviour. Scotland Yard have described the entertainer as "undoubtedly" one of the most prolific sex offenders in history.

When the scandal broke a month ago the Corporation insisted there had been no cover-up, and claimed a thorough investigation had found no "record of misconduct or allegations of misconduct."

Related Articles
 ?
Savile 'to be stripped of Papal knighthood'
26 Oct 2012
?
A strange and sordid life unravels after death
26 Oct 2012
?
'Tsunami of filth' has damaged BBC, says Patten
25 Oct 2012
?
BBC's reputation on the line over Savile, says Patten
28 Oct 2012
?
Jimmy Savile: Less BBC swagger and more accountability
29 Oct 2012

Today Dame Janet Smith begins an internal BBC inquiry into the affair.

Sir Roger said: "We all recognised he is a creepy sort of character.

"And when I was with Children in Need we took the decision that we didn't want him near the charity.

"We stepped up our child protection policies which again which would have put him at great risk if he tried anything.

"A charity like Children In Need knew the biggest thing to guard against was paedophiles. They were just like flies around the honey pot."

Sir Roger, a member of the board of governors between 1996 and 2002, said he would have stepped down from his Children in Need role if Savile had become involved with the charity.

He told BBC Wales: "A guy with a big cigar in his mouth, a string vest who is covered in gold chains and trinkets; is this really the guy who we want to become a hero for kids?

"I had no evidence but I found that his behaviour was very strange. I felt it was inappropriate. I couldn't tell that he was a practicing paedophile, but I didn't have to.

"On my watch, Children In Need was properly covered. There were no incidents we did everything we could to protect the children."

Sir Roger said: "I think the seed of this misfortune is deeply planted in the separation of the governors from the trust."

Sir Roger founded Penn Pharmaceuticals in 1986 and served as a BBC Governor from December 1996 to December 2002.

He served as Chairman of BBC Children in Need and the BBC's Pension Fund Trustees. Savile appeared on the annual telethon appeal in 1984, 1987 and 1989, before Sir Roger became the chairman.

Savile, who died last year at the age of 84, is being described as one of the most prolific sex offenders in UK history.

He is thought to have abused at least 300 victims over four decades, and police are following more than 400 leads.

Some of these sex attacks are thought to have happened on BBC premises while Savile was hosting Top of the Pops.

The National Association for People Abused in Childhood is demanding an "on air" apology during this years's Children in Need appeal due to be screen on Friday November 16.

Peter Saunders, chief executive of the charity, said: "I will be writing to the Director General George Entwistle next week, asking the BBC to help survivors of abuse because I think they owe it to them."

email

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

COMODO SECURE