How did Hitler consolidate power

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
How did Hitler consolidate power
« on: May 21, 2016, 04:36:00 PM »
Kate, I doubt that Britain will leave the EU, there will be too much propaganda to make people think that they should stay, and I doubt that the media will print the good of leaving, but you will know better than me what is being said..

Although Cameron was saying on one hand that Britain should leave, on the other hand he seems to be encouraging Brits to stay, is that correct?? I think like our Mr Turnbull, Cameron is a sheep in wolves clothing…

Unfortunately, it will probably also happen here in OZ as all western countries follow each other in things which the left push on us… but I wonder how much better the right are.. They do not seem to reverse much once they are in government…but perhaps I do not hear of things…Gaye

Dear Sir,

I has long been the right of every freeborn British person to grumble about our leaders and rulers, our managers and others 'in authority over us'. We call it "freedom of speech or expression".
On May 6th the EU removed that right, not that many would know it from the silence in much of the media (source: Daily Telegraph).

The European Court of Justice ruled that the right to complain about, or otherwise point out, the failings or wrongdoings of the EU Commission is illegal and gave the Commission the right to legally punish "individuals who damage the institution's image and reputation".

Interestingly, from an historic viewpoint, almost the same words were used in the Enabling Act of 1933 which gave power to makes laws without referring to the Reichstag (other member states?) and which allowed the government power to "abolish civil liberties" including rights of free speech, freedom of expression,  which were not restored in that country until 1945.

Don't take my word for it; the complete transcript of the Act in both German and English is available on line.

http://www.mrhindshistory.com/how-did-hitler-consolidate-power-1933-1934.html

Yet another reason to vote Leave on June 23rd.

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk