The EU as you don't see it on UK News

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
The EU as you don't see it on UK News
« on: May 22, 2016, 08:10:55 PM »
‘This is my home’: Thousands gather for anti-migrant rally in Rome (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

Published time: 21 May, 2016 15:34Edited time: 21 May, 2016 15:35

Scroll to the bottom to view pictures of the protest

Anti fascist organisations march with a banner reading "Rome Free, No Fascists, Old or New" to protest against a demonstration of Italian far-right political movement CasaPound on May 21, 2016 in Rome © Filippo Monteforte

Anti fascist organisations march with a banner reading "Rome Free, No Fascists, Old or New" to protest against a demonstration of Italian far-right political movement CasaPound on May 21, 2016 in Rome © Filippo Monteforte / AFP

AddThis Sharing Buttons
4.2K97
Thousands of people have taken part in an anti-migrant rally in the Italian capital, Rome, staged by the far-right Casa Pound group.

"Stop the invasion! This is my home," the crowd chanted as it started its march from a reception place for migrants and refugees at Piazza Vittorio square on Saturday.

The protesters carried Italy’s national flags as well as the colors of the Casa Pound movement, which stands against the European Union's refugee policies and demands tougher border controls.

Follow
MaЯc Elbichon‎ ن ✞ ‎@Gavroche85

#CasaPound not welcome? Ahahah ������#EuropeanBrotherhood

11:04 AM - 21 May 2016 · Roma, Lazio, Italia

2323 Retweets

1414 likes

The flag of the Greek radical group, Golden Dawn, was also spotted during the action in the Italian capital, La Stampa reported.

Follow
Raw News ‎@RawNewsLive

Shirts spotted at the #casapound rally, now singing "stop the invasion, this is my home" #casapoundnotwelcome

10:55 AM - 21 May 2016

1010 Retweets

44 likes

The banners seen at the rally read: “Defend Italy,” "I don't want the EU" and "This Europe is not what we want."

Follow
Raw News ‎@RawNewsLive

Among the #casapound chants right now: "I don't want the European Union", "This Europe is not what we want"

10:18 AM - 21 May 2016 · Rome, Lazio, Italia

1212 Retweets

66 likes

A huge counter-protest was also taking place in the Italian capital on the day – under the slogan: “Casa Pound not welcome in Rome.”

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Follow
ToChangeEverything ‎@a0an0

#Italy: Large #antifa counter-demo against Neo-Nazi #Casapoundrally in #Rome. #CasaPoundNotWelcome

12:51 PM - 21 May 2016

246246 Retweets

132132 likes

Both rallies were peaceful, with no major incidents reported.

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Follow
Raw News ‎@RawNewsLive

Far-right #casapound extremists about to start their rally in #Rome. A leftist counter-demonstration also happening

9:43 AM - 21 May 2016 · Rome, Lazio, Italia

66 Retweets

11 like

Over a million people, fleeing from wars in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere, flooded Europe in 2015 causing the largest migrant crisis faced by the continent in decades.

Thousands of refugees arrive in Italy every month as they perform dangerous boat trips across the Mediterranean from Libya, which already saw hundreds drowni

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:13:10 PM by the leveller »

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk