Another letter to the Speaker

• 1 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
Another letter to the Speaker
« on: February 08, 2017, 06:02:34 PM »
Dear Mr.Speaker,

It is with regret that I heard of your interference with democracy voiced in the House of Commons regarding the STATE VISIT OF THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT on the grounds that you disagree with the TEMPORARY BAN the president put on visitors from certain countries in the Middle East on account of a perceived terrorist threat.
Perhaps you are not worldly wise, Mr Speaker, in the requirements for travelling to most if not all of the countries in the Middle East. For example, when I used to travel there on business I had to obtain a visa for each and every country I intended visiting. In some instances I also had to get a letter signed by my local vicar of the Church of England to state that I was a Christian. This was because some states in the Middle East banned people of the Jewish religion from going there. If I wanted to do business in Israel as well as say Iraq or Syria, I needed two passports for if I showed a passport with a visa for Israel when going to Iraq, I would be denied entry into Iraq. I would suppose that had I exhibited any affiliation with Israel I would be deemed a terrorist threat. Why would you suppose Arab states might have that idea, Mr Speaker? Could it possibly be due to the military terrorism that Israel inflicts upon its neighbours the Palestinians, the Egyptians and the Lebanese? But perhaps Mr Speaker you are neither old enough nor wise enough to have the experience.
I know there are many MPs who are Jews, now do you suppose Jews would be backing the decision of President Donald Trump or opposing it?

Sincerely,
Paul Talbot-Jenkins BSc(Hons)
"Semper veritas"

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
Response from the Speaker
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 11:55:55 AM »
The reply I received from the speaker Bercow!

With best wishes
Paul
www.force4justice.co.uk
"Semper veritas"

=========================

Date: 9 February 2017 at 17:13:07 GMT
To: "fame
Subject: RE: The right to disqualify immigrants.

Mr Speaker has asked me to thank you for your email and to respond on his behalf.

Since 1965, the Speaker on behalf of the House of Commons, the Lord Speaker (from 2006, before that it would have been the Lord Chancellor) on behalf of the House of Lords, and the Lord Great Chamberlain on behalf of the Queen, have had joint responsibility for addresses made in Westminster Hall. The Speaker, in response to a Point of Order, explained the situation and set out his concerns on the matter as one of the “key holders” for Westminster Hall.

The Speaker appreciates that others may hold a different view of the matter. However, it is part of his role as Speaker to represent the views and concerns of his Parliamentary colleagues, as he did on this occasion, whilst it is the case that the Speaker must maintain neutrality with respect to legislation before the House, his role as a key holder for Westminster Hall requires a decision to be made. The making of a decision is, by definition, not a neutral act.

Mr Speaker would like to reassure you that the relationship between the United Kingdom and the United States is greatly valued.

Grace Travis | Secretary to the Speaker’s Secretary
House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk