Nicola Sturgeon has made a very big mistake

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
Nicola Sturgeon has made a very big mistake
« on: March 18, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow Uni
The real Glaswegian working class voice in the independence debate read by thousands, the BBC and other related media, secured the first criminal conviction against one of the seven top cybernats outed by the Daily Mail

Friday, March 17, 2017
The dawning of her political death; Nicola Sturgeon has made a very big mistake, over indyref 2 and it's just beginning to dawn on her, there is no possible chance that she can keep political momentum going for the next four years, people of Scotland are sick to death of the SNP talking non stop about independence, they want a government in power who are willing to do the ‘day job’, is this the start of the end of the SNP as a political party?
==============================================

Dear All

Nicola Sturgeon has made a very big mistake and it's just beginning to dawn on her.

You might be tempted to say, is there any proof?

Well, a crack in the façade was clearly on show when Colin MacKay dropped the news to her that Theresa May had turned down her request for a new Scottish independence referendum, at that point you could see her brain going into overdrive.

Then fuse!

After getting the bad news of no Section 30 order, she also got told that Westminster wouldn’t entry into talks. You could clearly see her head go down as she dived into the lift at Holyrood to escape, but there is no escape from the very big mistake she has made, no rewinding of history or time.

In an attempt to appear relevant; Nicola Sturgeon has made clear she remains determined to hold indyref2, its just talk, but not for the people of Scotland but for her supporters. Having overplayed her hand and facing the disastrous consequences of that miscalculation, she has leave herself wide open to questions about her suitability to continue on as SNP leader.

When the Prime Minister delivered her “now is not the time” message, whether Sturgeon liked it or not, it was entirely wrong and foolhardy to think that in the middle of the most serious talks over Brexit that anyone would have time for her. No one has time for her during Brexit, not even the Europeans; they will be seeking an accommodation because the ‘men in the grey suits’ aren’t going to sit idly by and see hundreds of millions of investment being put in danger. Money as they say makes the world go round, and into today’s interlinked global market no one gets to be a ‘problem’.

Nicola Sturgeon just made herself a ‘problem’ which is why she was so quickly and effectively shutdown by the real people in power.

Sturgeon doesn’t as she claims have an "unequivocal mandate" to hold a second referendum, she doesn’t have power, she doesn’t have legal authority and she doesn’t have moral authority. There will be no declaration of UDI as the real nutters of the Nationalist camp periodically cry.

Sturgeon said to the BBC:

"You are asking me to accept that a Conservative Prime Minister, who has one MP in Scotland has the right to lay down the law to Scotland's democratically elected parliament. That is unacceptable."

She thinks that Holyrood or to be more specific the SNP have the right to override Westminster because they control Holyrood, they don’t have any right and more importantly they know it. Interestingly Carole Malone, the TV pundit was quick to call Nicola deluded.
Malone said:

“I think she talks about this referendum all the time to hide the fact that she’s making a mess of running Scotland. It has a massive deficit, it has a £15bn deficit which is proportionately twice as much as the UK’s deficit. Education is in a mess, health is in a mess.”

The heat was further thrust on the Nationalists as John Humphrys tore into the Deputy First Minister John Swinney as he tried to dodge a simple question on independence four times. Swinney stalled as the veteran broadcaster repeatedly asked if the SNP would be prepared to hold an advisory referendum. If the SNP do attempt this, this could see the Scottish Government and Parliament shut down and power returned to the Scottish Office.

Shutdown Holyrood if there is an advisory referendum stands a very good chance of happening, once power is out of the SNP’s hands, they lose all control and effectively becoming powerless. Westminster will reluctantly be forced to use their powers which could mean down the line that the current Holyrood setup is radically changed to prevent this happening again.

The wheels are falling off the SNP bandwagon, they can no longer claim to be acting on the ‘will of the people’ so now they are claiming that they will be acting on the ‘will of parliament’ clearly the SNP cannot be trusted and as much as the SNP try to muddy the water on timescales.

Finally; John Humphrys mocked the SNP new attempts for a fresh independence as he flippantly said:

“Maybe we should redefine generation to being a rabbit generation, how long do they live, three or four years?”

The subtext for his listeners was that the SNP are dishonourable and liars, they aren’t honouring the Edinburgh Agreement and as such cannot be trusted.

Yours sincerely

George Laird

The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University

G Laird at 3:13 PM

14 comments:

Auld JockMarch 17, 2017 at 4:53 PM
Hello George

I agree with your analysis. It looks like there may finally be light at the end of the tunnel. This experience has been a nightmare for me. Judging by the fact that the anti referendum petition has just passed 177,000, I am not the only one to feel that way. If the anger that sturgeon has released spills over into lost votes at the upcoming local elections, then the writing really will be on the wall. Here's Hoping!

You have been an inspiration and a source of hope during this whole godawful period.

Thank you.

Auld Jock

AnonymousMarch 17, 2017 at 5:14 PM
Sturgeon has broadcast her moves.
Difficult to see how she can squirm out of this mess. Given voters worry about the economy Indyref2 will bomb spectacularly.
But we face the same problem. Who will replace the SNP? The current crop would get a knockback as trainee McDonald's managers.

G LairdMarch 17, 2017 at 5:54 PM
Hi Auld Jock

While in the SNP I used to say when people floated nonsense don't do that it will piss off people big time, or if an idea was stupid, I would come right out and say it before it went ahead.

This is why lots of SNP hate me, they know I have a tendency to get it right.

George

G LairdMarch 17, 2017 at 5:56 PM
Dear Anon

"Who will replace the SNP?"

What Scotland needs is a replacement to the SNP, a new centre right Nationalist party.

"The current crop would get a knockback as trainee McDonald's managers".

Well, maybe fish fryer jobs are available.

George

AnonymousMarch 17, 2017 at 6:05 PM
She's a nut, always was a nut. The minute the SNP elected her as leader, i stopped voting SNP. She's made me into a Tory, how she managed to do that is beyond me. I also deeply regret voting YES in 2014. A very fortunate escape, I must say.

RMRMarch 17, 2017 at 7:01 PM
Excelled again George, look forward to all your blogs, they cut through all the crap and get right to the heart of the matter. Just wish the MSM and BBC had as much insight. Listening to them would make anyone in Scotland, who isn`t part of the brainwashed SNP cult, want to jump off the nearest bridge!

Nicola must be rueing the day she allowed herself to be the puppet of that arrogant arse Salmond, who`s only interest now is gaining a place in History before he fades into irrelevant obscurity.

I can see nothing but serious trouble. It looks as if the SNP minority administration is gearing up to declare political civil war with the rest of the UK by far exceeding its authority and for all intents and purposes declaring it is the supreme authority in Scotland. This is scary stuff and could lead to civil unrest which, if history teaches us anything, can quickly lead to violence. The present SNP leadership`s attitude appears to be "bring it on ". What a bunch of dangerous nutters. Here`s hoping it`s all just more bluster and bravado.
Replies

[email protected] 18, 2017 at 11:15 AM
Brilliant response. I thought the Scottish public were going mad in still supporting this bunch of losers

=================================
You can read the rest of the comments here
http://glasgowunihumanrights.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/the-dawning-of-her-political-death.html?m=

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk