show/hide profile info
Register to take part

Good Queen Bess then announced the ‘Expulsion of the Blackamoores’

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0

The Oath of Supremacy 1559

The Oath of Supremacy, imposed by the Act of Supremacy 1558, provided for any person taking public or church office in England to swear allegiance to the monarch as Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Failure to so swear was a crime, although it did not become treason until 1562, when the Supremacy of the Crown Act 1562[5] made a second offence of refusing to take the oath treason. The Oath was later extended to include Members of Parliament and people studying at universities.

Text of the Oath as published in 1559:

‘I, A. B., do utterly testify and declare in my conscience that the Queen's Highness is the only supreme governor of this realm, and of all other her Highness's dominions and countries, as well in all spiritual or ecclesiastical things or causes, as temporal, and that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority ecclesiastical or spiritual within this realm; and therefore I do utterly renounce and forsake all foreign jurisdictions, powers, superiorities and authorities, and do promise that from henceforth I shall bear faith and true allegiance to the Queen's Highness, her heirs and lawful successors, and to my power shall assist and defend all jurisdictions, pre-eminences, privileges and authorities granted or belonging to the Queen's Highness, her heirs or successors, or united or annexed to the imperial crown of this realm. So help me God, and by the contents of this Book.’

Sent: 20 June 2017 15:42
To: Bob
Subject: Fw: Good Queen Bess then announced the ‘Expulsion of the Blackamoores’

The Elizabeths

Elizabeth I was her people's Queen,
Elizabeth II was not what she seemed.
Elizabeth I made her country strong,
Elizabeth II did her country wrong.
Elizabeth I built her fences great,
Elizabeth II left open the gate.
Elizabeth I built a fortress shore,
Elizabeth II pushed open the door.
Elizabeth I did freedom bring,
Elizabeth II kissed the papal ring.
Elizabeth I kept her people's law,
            Elizabeth II the Great Charter did ignore.
Elizabeth I the people's rights she did defend.
             Elizabeth II brought those rights to an end.
Elizabeth I kept the world at bay,
Elizabeth II gave her country away.

Bob Lomas.  2005
=================
Excellent poem Bob
It will go in my collection of political poetry!
Any Oath that conquering Muslims cannot make is a good one
R
========================

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:20 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Good Queen Bess then announced the ‘Expulsion of the Blackamoores’

Queen Elizabeth the First (or “Good Queen Bess” as she was called by the people) was a very patriotic and powerful Monarch !!!

<lclajinidehonfie.png>
Good Queen Bess:

·        Confirmed her leadership of this nation;
·        Introduced the Oath of Supremacy, which was sworn on the Holy Bible;
·        Anyone in public office had to take the above Oath;
·        MPs/Lords and University academics had to swear to the Oath;
·        Refusing to take the Oath was an act of Treason;
·        Expelled “Blackamoores... crept into this realm” and she said;
·        “...of which kind of people there are already here too many...
·        “Those kind of people should be sent forth of the land...
·        “...fostered and relieved here to the great annoyance of [the queen’s] own liege people...
·        “that want relief, which those people consume...
·        “No foreign ...person...ought to have any power...within this realm.”
·        She upheld her duty to protect our people and the Christian Church.

When Good Queen Bess came to the throne of England, on the 17 November 1558, she immediately assented to the Oath of Supremacy, which is outlined below.

The Oath of Supremacy 1559

The Oath of Supremacy, imposed by the Act of Supremacy 1558, provided for any person taking public or church office in England to swear allegiance to the monarch as Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Failure to so swear was a crime, although it did not become treason until 1562, when the Supremacy of the Crown Act 1562[5] made a second offence of refusing to take the oath treason. The Oath was later extended to include Members of Parliament and people studying at universities.

Text of the Oath as published in 1559:

‘I, A. B., do utterly testify and declare in my conscience that the Queen's Highness is the only supreme governor of this realm, and of all other her Highness's dominions and countries, as well in all spiritual or ecclesiastical things or causes, as temporal, and that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority ecclesiastical or spiritual within this realm; and therefore I do utterly renounce and forsake all foreign jurisdictions, powers, superiorities and authorities, and do promise that from henceforth I shall bear faith and true allegiance to the Queen's Highness, her heirs and lawful successors, and to my power shall assist and defend all jurisdictions, pre-eminences, privileges and authorities granted or belonging to the Queen's Highness, her heirs or successors, or united or annexed to the imperial crown of this realm. So help me God, and by the contents of this Book.’

Also, thirty eight years later, in 1596, in response to the growing numbers of black servants being used in Britain, Good Queen Bess wrote to the Lord Mayors of our major cities, saying: ...

“...Of late, divers Blackamoores brought into this realm, of which kind of people there are already here too many. Those kind of people should be sent forth of the land ...”
She then arranged for a merchant named Caspar Van Senden to deport 89 of them to Spain and Portugal, in exchange for 89 English prisoners, held in those countries.

In 1601, Elizabeth issued a further proclamation expressing her “...discontentment by the numbers of Blackamoores which are crept into this realm...” And again, she licensed Van Senden to deport them... “...blackamoores...” were “...fostered and relieved here to the great annoyance of [the queen’s] own liege people that want relief, which those people consume...”

Good Queen Bess then announced the ‘Expulsion of the Blackamoores’

READ MORE HERE...
https://thebritishvoice.org.uk/expulsion-of-the-blackamoores-by-queen-elizabeth-the-first/

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

COMODO SECURE