• 1 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
For security at home and abroad we must leave the ECHR
« on: August 31, 2017, 12:41:25 PM »
For security at home and abroad we must leave the ECHR

Published Aug 29, 2017
Following revelations contained in an unpublished Home Office report on the inability of the UK authorities to extradite convicted terrorists, Jane Collins, the UKIP spokesman for Home Affairs has responded:
"During the latest Brexit negotiations we heard farcical claims that the UK would be safer staying as part of the EU; this report clearly shows we are safer not only outside the European Union, but must remove ourselves from the European Convention on Human Rights.
We must not be signed up to any legislation which limits the ability of the government to put the safety and security of UK citizens first and demonstrably the ECHR makes this country a more dangerous place.
What other countries in the EU seem to forget is the UK is part of five eyes: this is a proper information sharing forum which means we contribute more to European security than they ever do for us. A good example of this is Belgium's failure to inform Spanish authorities about the Barcelona killer.
We have seen with Labour's capitulation on a genuine Brexit and the Tories' weakness on European jurisdiction over our laws that we are at real risk of a bogus Brexit."

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
Re: For security at home and abroad we must leave the ECHR
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 08:25:22 PM »
To claim that we are safer in the EU/ECHR, is as ludicrous as saying that the EU has kept us safe with regards to an attack from the Warsaw Pact during the Cold War years.
Everyone knows, including the idiots who postulate the above fantasy, that it is NATO that has kept Europe and the UK safe, particularly because of the USA’s nuclear
Umbrella. AND! the fact that nearly 400,000 US troops were stationed in Europe along with the American Air Force and the Sixth Fleet of the USA.

Likewise, it is those same idiots  like Juncker and Michel Barmier,[Ha! sorry Barnier] who will continue to say, whatever papers for negotiation that the UK puts in front of
them, that the said proposals are unsatisfactory, as Juncker has, as reported in yesterday’s D/EXPRESS. I’d lay odds that he has not even read them. Perhaps David Davis
could ‘examine them both about the papers’ contents. Re my cheap joke; [good enough for that lot] well the whole of the EU gets barmier and delusional every day.

Robert Felix, [I/A/Now] reports today that in his book,  ‘Not by Fire but by Ice,’ he has predicted that these great storms, like in Texas, will occur and that they will get worse.
He does not go into detail about it, in the report, but I will add to my own comments I made yesterday, on the phone. Interestingly he points out that these kind of storms
effected Texas during the Little Ice Age.

Apart from the fall in activity on the Sun which will lower the Earth’s atmospheric pressure, there is the fact that the Sun’s Solar Wind is now only at half its normal strength.
This is allowing an increase of Cosmic Rays into the inner Solar System, which of course effects the Earth’s atmosphere and causes more cloud cover to form.  This may cause
more of the Sun’s radiance to be reflected back out in to outer space, thus contributing to yet further cooling perhaps. Add to this the fact that when air pressure is low, it
causes more moisture to be drawn up from the sea, which is then dumped onto the land surface when a would be storm hits it. It’s a vicious circle
PS . Please circulate this in full if you wish

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk