UKIP shreds Juncker ‘State of the Union’ speech

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:49:22 PM »
The EU President’s annual strategic speech delivered today has attracted the following responses from UKIP:
Centralising EU means populist wave has only begun - Farage
EU treatment of Poland and Hungary reminiscent of the Soviet Union
“Responding to Jean Claude Juncker's 'State of the Union' speech in the Strasbourg European Parliament Plenary (13/09/17), which called for a far higher level of federalism in the EU including one new powerful President and a much stronger EU Defence union, UKIP MEP Nigel Farage responded by saying...
“Mr Juncker, that was the most open, honest and truly worrying speech I’ve heard in my long years in this place. The message is very clear, Brexit has happened, full steam ahead.
“So new plans: there’s to be one powerful president for whole of the European Union, a finance minister with fresh powers so as you say yourself can intervene as of when he sees necessary, a stronger European army in a militarised European Union with a stronger and perhaps more aggressive foreign policy too and more Europe in every single direction and all of it to be done without the consent of the people.
“Your plan to fight the next European elections with cross-European, pan-European, lists funded by the European Union, but not as you said to fund extremists means what we will find is genuine, democratic parties of opposition will not be able to compete in elections on the same playing field. It is reminiscent of regimes of old. Indeed the way you’re treating Hungary and Poland already must remind them of living under the Soviet communists when you attempt to tell them how they should run their own countries.
“All I can say is thank god we’re leaving. You’ve learnt nothing from Brexit, if you’d given Cameron concessions, particularly on immigration, the Brexit vote, I have to admit, would never ever have happened. Yet the lesson you take is you’re going to centralise, you’re going to move on to this new, I think, very worrying, undemocratic union. And you’re deluding yourself Mr Verhofstadt if you think that the populist wave, as you define it, is over.
“If these plans of Mr Juncker come to fruition, far from the populist wave being over, I doubt it’s even begun.”
President Juncker reveals ‘win-win’ of Brexit – Crowther
EU President Jean-Claude Juncker, former prime minister of Luxembourg, has revealed that following Brexit he intends that the EU should build much tighter integration and continue to pursue the Euro currency project to try and make it a major world currency.
“This looks like a ‘win-win’ scenario”, said UKIP interim leader Steve Crowther. “Juncker and his fellow EU fans get to pursue their ramshackle project with renewed vigour, creating the United States of Europe we have always said they wanted and continuing with the Euro currency dream that has already destroyed Greece.
“We get to be an independent sovereign nation again, the fifth largest economy in the world and the only Global Power, second only to the US in our worldwide reach and influence (according to European Geostrategy), and not go down in their ship.
“All those who want to Remain part of the EU will be able to do so by acquiring Irish citizenship, or perhaps Luxembourgeois if they are rich enough.
“Best of luck.”
http://www.europeangeostrategy.org/2014/01/european-geostrategy-audit-major-powers-worlds-fifteen-most-powerful-countries-2014/

Steve Crowther
Interim Party Leader

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk