“His influence here and in Brussels is truly extraordinary.”Farage on Soros

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/879390/Nigel-Farage-European-Union-Open-Society-George-Soros?utm_source=traffic.outbrain&utm_medium=traffic.outbrain&utm_term=traffic.outbrain&utm_content=traffic.outbrain&utm_campaign=traffic.outbrain
e Brexiteer said meetings between Open Society Foundation and the European Commission should be looked into after Hungarian billionaire George Soros donated $18 billion to the think tank.
Mr Soros, who infamously made £1 billion on black Wednesday in 1992 when the pound devalued causing an economic crisis in Britain, transferred the “bulk of his wealth” to Open Society.
Speaking during a European Parliament debate on the Paradise Papers, Mr Farage questioned whether Mr Soros has spent billions to influence the EU, in order to undermine the nation state.
The Ukip MEP blast: “I say this at a time when the use of money and the influence it may have had on the Brexit result or the Trump election has reached a level of virtual hysteria.

EUROPARL.TV•GETTY
Nigel Farage accused the EU of colluding with George Soros
George Soros' influence here and in Brussels is truly extraordinary
Nigel Farage
“Just last week, the Electoral Commission in the UK launched an investigation to find out whether the Leave campaign took offshore money or Russian money.
“This came about as a result of questions asked in the House of Commons by one Ben Bradshaw, somebody linked to an organisation called Open Society.
“I just wonder when we’re talking about offshore money, when we’re talking about political subversion, when we’re talking about collusion, I wonder whether we’re looking in the wrong place.
“And, I say that because George Soros recently gave Open Society – his organisation, which campaigns for free movement of people and supports supranational structures like the European Union – $18 billion.
Farage to Austrian MEP: Be consistent with your tax demands

“His influence here and in Brussels is truly extraordinary.”
Mr Farage promised to delve into a so-called list of “reliable friends in the European Parliament” published in a book by Open Society.
The list contained the names of 226 people connected to the Brussels bloc, with Mr Farage promising to write to each one to establish any possible involvement with the think tank.
“If we’re going to have a debate, and we’re going to talk about full political and financial transparency, well, let’s do it,” he added.
Nigel Farage in pictures
Mon, April 3, 2017
Nigel Farage is a British politician who has been the leader of the UK Independence Party since October 2016.

“I shall be writing today to all 226 of you, asking some pretty fair questions:
“Have you ever received funds, directly or indirectly, from Open Society?
“How many of their events have you attended?
“Could you please give us a list of the meetings of all the representatives you have met, including George Soros himself?”
Guy Verhoftstadt accused Mr Farage of launching an attack on Mr Soros to "distract attention from his problem in the Paradise Papers".
Express.co.uk has contacted the European Commission for comment.
Related articles
Barnier denies Nigel Farage formal meeting after welcoming Remainers
Wetherspoon boss reveals how UK can OUTSMART Juncker and save billions
Farage SLAPS DOWN Austrian MEP in fiery EU Parliament clash
Nigel Farage
European Union
Recommended stories

TIDE TURNING? Slap in face for Juncker as Austria appoints anti-EU Foreign Minister

Germany’s Dangerous Obsession
(Sponsored - Handelsblatt Global)

'Enormous arrogance' German MEP rages at Barnier for 'unfair' Brexit strategy towards UK

Nicola Sturgeon is ’SEEKING CLARITY’ on Brexit issues as SNP look to force EU Bill changes

Rosy
11h
The majority of Scots did not vote for the SNP in the last election. She is a minority government backed up by the six green MSPs in the Scottish Executive. One day in 2021 she will be dumped. Meantime she continues to ruin Scotland with her arrogance supported by her sycophantic SNP ministers who are not allowed to deviate from her twisted ideology.
‘It will end in tears’ Germany will ‘not allow’ May to speak directly to members on Brexit

Clippz
4h
Does Germany alone decide what is allowed and what happens with regard to the EU?  If ever there was any proof needed that Brussels is a smokescreen for German rule and dominance over the whole block then this is it.  Britain needs to be out of it and QUICK!
EU Army: The 5 countries that REFUSED to sign up to France and Germany’s defence force

Shep
7h
Sticking with the US and our other friends or the crooks of the EU is a no brainer.
'We should be doing better' Brown says Brexit is one reason why UK is feeling 'LOW'

Drummer
9h
People on a low because of Brexit? I've been on a high since the favourable referendum result on 24/6/16 . I can't remember having had so much faith and confidence in Britain as I have now. I have high hopes for our British young and their future.
'We’ve voted for Brexit!’ Hartley-Brewer slams Cable for RELENTLESS second referendum bid

realist1234
1h
Every time Cable shows up on radio and television and rabbits on in a delsional way about what we, the 17 million plus, did or did not know about leaving the EU undemocratic monster he is really telling us what a stupid old fart he is.We KNEW what we were votong for, WE were voting FOR democracy, something he and Clegg and his part know NOTHING about.Retire Cable and go live in your precious europe, we won't miss you.
Petrol prices 'set to ROCKET' – but diesel drivers could be even worse off

BaneoftheLeft
1h
Hammond doesn't just need to scrap planned rises in fuel duty, he needs to lower it.
'Unacceptable' Sturgeon rages against EU Withdrawal Bill after Brexit talks with May

Youdbetterbelieveit
10m
OK. Time to stop the Westminster/Edinburgh deadlock.For god's sake May, give wee krankie responsibility for haggis manufacture!Anything else is beyond her...
One of the worst performing police forces may stop attending low level crime scenes

StanDalone
1h
I recall the advice that if you were being mugged do not shout 'HELP!' because no-one responds, but if you yell 'FIRE!' everyone comes running. By the same token do not report theft or vandalism as such, simply allege a 'hate crime' and the police will arrive quickly and mob-handed.
'It's HUMILIATING' Remoaner David Miliband brands Brexit 'painful' in latest pro-EU rant

CrazyEddie
1d
The thought of him being in pain is actually rather nice.
Why we shouldn’t pay a PENNY: EU is in debt and wants BRITAIN to pay it off, Hague warns

Grunga
8h
I agree.They gave a Free trade deal to Canada and Japan.But want us to pay, tell them to get stuffed I say
EU bank unveils plans allowing lender to KEEP customers’ cash in future crisis

Euroloons
1h
How do we know whether these crises are not simply manufactured to rob us of cash?
Robert Mugabe UNDER SIEGE: Tanks head to Zimbabwe capital amid SOARING tensions

Amygdolus
51m
Why 'Lord Carrington's mate' in particular?After all, it was Harold Wilson's Labour government that allowed Mugabe into office. Under Ian Smith the independent Rhodesia was, on the whole, well-governed and quite prosperous, with a reasonable rate of inflation.This is infinitely more than you can say for the independent Zimbabwe, run as it is by the despotic marxist Mugabe and his cohorts. They have virtually run into the ground the once-prosperous country that they inherited.About time Mugabe was strung up!
Italian commentator blasts Britain as Cinderella claiming May WON'T MAKE midnight deadline

Lovelife
3d
I love to disappoint him, but she will still be PM, if he thinks by knocking her it will change her mind on fixing the date in law, he is like all those other Europeans that don't know the British at all.
MPs will get vote on final Brexit deal vows Davis Davis, in climbdown to rebels

DaveyBoy70
19h
Just leave
Brexit latest: Britain will leave EU with NO DEAL if MPs reject agreement fumes Davis

Norfolkbumpkin
1d
So, our parliament at Westminster will have a vote on this final deal, the European parliament will have a vote on the deal, the European Commission will have a vote on the deal and the European Court of Justice will also make a decision on the deal.What are the chances of EVERY SINGLE ONE of these parties agreeing to the deal?I would suggest there is more change of winning the lottery. So, why don't we just leave now and sort out the nitty-gritty afterwards - and save ourselves £56 million every day?

Most read in UK

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:45:30 PM by the leveller »

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk