Fake News: Why are we being destroyed?

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
Fake News: Why are we being destroyed?
« on: August 06, 2018, 08:11:53 PM »
The PDF of our CIB Pamphlet "A HOUSE DIVIDED" contains a key quotation from
the Foreign Office document FCO 30/1048 (1971) on page 13.
Please see PDF below

http://campaignforanindependentbritain.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/House_Divided.pdf

One of the most useful mailings from EUROFACTS which I ever received was from 2000 and
I have used it repeatedly since. Indeed I used a quotation n from it it in my address to CIB's annual
rally this year.

Here it is.

EUROFACTS 31 MARCH 2000
How they swung it in the early '70s
The CIA DID fund the European Movement: and they, the Conservatives and the Foreign Office DID squeeze the BBC.
We print below excerpts from a transcript of the BBC Radio 4 programme, transmitted at 8.00 pm, Thursday 3rd February 2000, entitled “Document: A Letter to the Times”

This programme told the story of how opinion was swung in the early '70s in favour of Britain entering the European Economic Community, including how the BBC and ITN news programmes were influenced to support the campaign for Europe. It also reveals that the European Movement and other organisations received substantial hidden funding from the CIA.

Points made included
Back at the start of the 1970s, the greatest issue of the day was whether Britain ought to become European.... and had you been scanning the correspondence columns of the Times you might have noticed a flood of letters in support of our application to join the EEC. A good many of those letters were stage managed on behalf of the then Conservative government.

Every week as Edward Heath's government inched Britain towards Europe, Geoffrey Tucker, an advertising guru who helped to market the Conservative party, organised breakfasts for the political shakers and the media movers of the day. Journalists were there and captains ofindustry, editors too and television people.

Ernest Wistrich's European Movement was the natural organisation to front the public campaign for Europe

TUCKER: We decided to pinpoint the “Today” programme on radio and followed right through the news programmes during the day....the television programmes, “News at Ten”, “24 Hours” and “Panorama” and from radio “World at One” and “Woman's Hour”. Nobbling is the name of the game. Throughout the period of the campaign, there should be direct day by day communication between the key communicators and our personnel e.g. Norman Reddaway at the FCO and Marshall Stewart of the Today programme.

And in 1970 the Today programme was presented by Jack De Manio, who was terribly anti-European. We protested privately about this.
Ian Trethowan listened and De Manio was replaced.
PRESENTER, CHRISTOPHER COOK: Ian Trethowan was then the Managing Director of BBC Radio and a known friend of Edward Heath's. Another of Geoffrey Tucker's guests was Lord Hattersley, a leading figure in the pro-European faction of the Labour party.

LORD HATTERSLEY: The one breakfast I went to was a very chummy affair. We were all fighting the European cause to the extent that some of the protagonists actually drew Ian Trethowan's attention to broadcasters who they thought had been anti-European, and asked him to do something about it.

Now I was so shocked that I decided I couldn't go again. It sounds terribly prissy but it really did shock me at the time and, frankly, remembering it shocks me still.

SIR EDWARD HEATH (PRIME MINISTER 1970-1974): The support in public opinion polls steadily mounted until we got to the point of finally concluding negotiation and had just on 50 per cent support which was very considerable.

PRESENTER: How helpful was the European Movement?
HEATH: Very helpful. They worked very hard and they received funds from supporters which enabled them to publish their own literature as well as ours.

DR RICHARD ALDRICH (political historian) – on being asked what was the documentary evidence for the alleged CIA funding – I was absolutely astonished to discover that the library (George Town University in Washington) had the entire archive of a CIA front organisation which documents from start to finish funnelling millions of dollars into Europe, into Britain, with correspondence, for example, from British Labour MPs.

The whole accounting structure of the European Movement was designed to hide the fact that CIA money was coming in.

HATTERSLEY: - on being asked for his comments - All those years, all the Europeans would say “Let's not risk trying to make fundamental changes by telling the whole truth, lets do it through public relations rather than real proselytising” and they were always inclined to “spin” the arguments rather than “expose” the arguments.

PRESENTER: And that clearly, in your view, was the wrong approach>

HATTERSLEY: Not only was it wrong for us to deal superficially with what Europe involved, but we've paid the price ever since because every time there's a crisis in Europe, people say, with some justification, “ Well, we wouldn't have been part of this if we had really known the implications.
Joining the European Community did involve significant loss of sovereignty, but by telling the British people that was not involved, I think the rest of the argument was prejudiced for thirty years.

CIB ANNUAL RALLY 2018  VIDEO opening address ( 12 minutes)

https://youtu.be/S507xgzvBIA

INCLUDES QUOTATION FROM THIS ARTICLE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--OMG, not that we didn't suspect this of course.   But what I want to know and have always wanted to know is:

WHY ?????

Why did the Government and all the Great and Good want to destroy Britain and the Old Dominions plus, as it seems now, the USA?

What was the purpose?

To me, it makes no sense.   You support your own and Britain and the Anglosphere was pretty good compared with many other parts of the world.   It is, as I often say, 'biologically illogical'.

And now They (Capital Letter) are doing it again and without more of a struggle on our part, They will succeed in keeping us in the European Dictatorship while in the US, They are succeeding in ripping the country apart.  And are destroying the Anglosphere's population by mass-immigration.

I'm pretty sure that it is all to do with the Anglosphere (UK, US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) but I don't understand WHY.   Do you have any idea (and please don't just say 'money' and 'power' since They could have had that in the Anglosphere).

WHY??????????

Sonya

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk