show/hide profile info
Register to take part

Was Mike Dickin of TalkSport Assassinated ?

• 2 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
« on: March 02, 2013, 03:49:03 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was supposedly killed in a 6 car pile up (he wrote a motorcycle as far as I know so he was probably on that at the time) on 19 December 2006.

Firstly let me apologise if there has already been a thread about this.

Mike Dickin I used to dislike intensely cos of his extreme right wing views, he was well and truly a brainwashed member of the population. THEN he got wise to it all and started publically stating he believed Diana was murdered and it was a Cover-Up and also 911 was an inside job, also he spoke against the war etc - PREVIOUSLY he had said the opposite and ridiculed "Conspiracy Theories".

I began to really like Mike Dickin but A fortnight before he died I said to my mate that if he continues saying those things MI5 will assasinate him and the rest is history... 

steevo
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by steevo

14-02-2009, 07:04 PM    #2 
kerravon33

Posts: 100   Mike died at "Temple" = sacrifice/Knights Templar?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey steevo, great post! Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been meaning to for a long time but always got distracted 'till now.

Well, what can I say?

BTW, are there any news links where it says he was riding a motorcycle? I'd never heard of that before, not saying you're wrong or anything that's all, thanks. You're right, it says he died in a six-car pile up, but no mention of any motorcycle. I'm not sure but for some reason I seem to remember him talking about driving a Rover on his radio show and how he was enjoying the latest model he had recently bought at a showroom. Can anyone verify this please?

Man dies after six-car collision: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/6192307.stm (note the TEMPLE reference where it happened - what usually happens at temples? Sacrifices to the gods). This report followed soon after, Radio host Dickin dies in crash: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/6194773.stm

His death in December 2006 was what I would say, "more than suspicious".

For those who never heard of him, he was the last of the true great Talk Radio presenters in the UK before corporate interests got rid of apparently free-thinking genuine people with true integrity. All we have left now are corporate puppets, most of which are sickening to listen to. For me, Dickin was a bit like the Talk Radio equivalent of music radio's John Peel. Who also (coincidentally?) is sadly no longer with us. But John Peel is another topic altogether, I digress.

If I remember rightly, I think Mike was actually the first radio presenter in the UK to begin broadcasting the breaking news of Diana and Dodi's crash on his show in 1997. So, amongst other things, he probably had a sense of affinity and loyalty for Diana. So you are right, it's not really surprising how it ended for Mike. I believe (or at least, according to Chris Everard's documentary "Lady Die", which I highly recommend) the technique is known in the SAS as a "Boston brakes" assassination, and is a standard/preferred way of assassinating a mark where the client wants to make it look as if it was just a random car accident. Do a web search on Boston Brakes assassinations and you'll see what I mean. Princess Grace (Grace Kelly) is believed to have been assassinated by this very technique. Or of course, he could have simply been knocked over if he was riding a motorcycle as you suggested and the scene quickly sanitised by "Police". I know some people ride motorcycles in their 60's, but Mike was quite fat and not in the best of health - can you imagine an elderly gentleman looking like an out-of-breath Henry VIII riding a motorcycle down the A30? Not likely to me, I'm afraid.

And you're right steevo, Mike was definitely making waves at TalkSport. Did you hear him talking about how his antique shotguns were illegally stolen during a Police raid at his farm-house in Cornwall (a raid which was apparently illegal with no warrant whatsoever) and branded them as criminals? He regularly talked about the "incompetence" of the Police and the injustice of the British legal system, talking about how the Police only work for 'The Crown' and have no obligation to the public whatsoever. He was against the banning of firearms in the UK and often spoke of the "utter incompetence" of the government. Fatally, he later began to talk about Freemasonry and seemed to be trying to understand it. He began to talk about the "incompetence" of Sir Ian Blair and the injustice of the slaying of Jean Charles de Menezes. I didn't hear him saying he thought 7/7 was an inside job (or at least didn't want to admit it On-Air), but yes I heard him saying he had serious doubts about the official story of 9/11. The final straw, as you pointed out, was obviously when he started to have callers regularly phoning-in to his shows discussing the possibility of Diana being murdered - and AGREEING with them. His listener-ship and audience figures were beginning to rise steadily ? then exponentially - across the country; word was spreading fast and people were beginning to talk about Diana again. He had to be silenced. In his final days he even mentioned On-Air that he had some 'unique evidence' in his possession regarding the death of Diana and a "revelation that would shock the world" and incredibly - was apparently getting ready to release it the next few days! Surprise surprise... he died over the weekend in a six-car pile up.

It's very sad to think that in all likelihood, he probably survived the crash proper and was callously murdered in the helicopter en route to hospital. As far as I know, it's difficult to get hold of any real details of what actually happened that day as the news reports seem sketchy at best. I seem to remember people like James Whale saying on his show that the official verdict was a heart attack while driving at the wheel at a location called "TEMPLE" (Revenge by the Knights Templar he regularly attacked (UK Police and Freemasons) - Also sacrifices are made at temples.), but of course it's reported that heart attacks can be induced by assassins, or perhaps his heart attack was completely fictitious, we'll never know, besides it's irrelevant I know. Whatever the cause, the operation to silence him was a success. Or at least I suppose, good enough for readers of The Sun "newspaper" to be bothered about. Case closed.

I have a great deal of respect for Mike Dickin. I didn't know him personally, but from his radio shows I thought he was a fantastic and entertaining journalist. He seemed like a wonderful family man of great integrity and honour. He was always talking about "the death of real country pubs" and how he avoided the new ones with fruit-machines and music blaring (the art of killing conversation). He was always talking about how much Britain was being ?dumbed-down? and how ?spotty teenagers? were taking over the service industry. One could tell near the end that he began to understand that the "dumbing-down of Britain" he often referred to was actually intentional by design. His mood seemed to change.

He didn't seem to joke as much as he used to about "three basically's and you're out" and "my health is not in question".

Although there was to be no room for Mike Dickin in the coming ?New World Order? Gordon Brown loves to talk about, I don't believe he deserved to die, certainly not in the cowardly way he was slain. I'm sure whoever did it thought it was hilarious. All a big joke. They probably joked "your health IS in question now, isn't it?" as they killed him. Chances are, the assassins were on the very same team who did the Diana job. Not to mention it would've been all too easy to fly an SAS hit-team on a quick helo hop from Hereford as it was merely a few miles/minutes away from the crash scene. But that's all speculation, who knows.

Unsurprisingly, Mike's colleagues at TalkSport are now towing the line more than ever and keeping the wall of silence up. George Galloway for example. He clearly isn't an idiot, but he's hardly the "freedom fighter for justice" he pretends to be either. He knows exactly what would happen if he 'went down the road' Dickin did. Pun (not necessarily) intended. That goes for ALL presenters at TalkSport, including James Whale (now working at LBC radio).

As anyone should know, TalkSport and LBC are nothing more than government-sponsored propaganda engines and they don't even bother hiding it. For example, listen to the commercial breaks. Littered with grotesque "adverts" from government departments about how "we're watching you" or "we?re coming to get you" or how it's a great idea to "take the flu jab" (DVLA / BBC License Fee / Benefit Fraud / Eugenics sponsored adverts). All "the management" have to do at TalkSport or LBC is turn round and say, "was that Mike Dickin's voice I just heard?" or "is your health in question?" and the presenters keep their mouths obediently shut. It reminds me of that old Bill Hicks gag where the new president is taken into a smoky room with a bunch of suits... they begin to roll a film of Kennedy getting his head blown off from a completely different angle nobody has ever seen before... the projector is then switched off, the lights come back up and they say, "any questions"?

Of course, TalkSport and LBC are snugly in bed with Rupert Murdoch's Sky/Fox News media empire and really, that's all you need to know. For example, does anyone know anything about Nick Ferrari? Here's what his Wikipedia entry says:
Quote:
In 1989, Ferrari was instrumental in setting up the Sky News channel, as the second person to be hired by Rupert Murdoch. Initially he was editor and then he was promoted to Vice President of News and Programming, of Fox TV in New York. 

Another Bill Hicks quote: "walk away, it's a pile of sh1t". There was no chance of someone with the impartiality and integrity of Mike Dickin ever continuing to work on national radio for much longer. You either shut-up and take your pay-check, or next thing you know you've had a "little accident", happen to "hit your head" or have an unexpected massive heart attack (not unlike the one John Smith had, enabling Tony Blair to conveniently slide into his vacant shoes as head of the Labour Party and consequently Prime Minister and the rest is history)...

Mike Dickin, I salute you sir. If your family and/or friends ever happen to read this, please accept my condolences. I wish you all my love and respect I can possibly give. My wish is that Mike?s memory and legacy lives on and that in the near future - as with the murders of Diana and Dodi - those responsible are brought to justice. Perhaps even before the 100 year ban on the 400 page MI6 Diana report is over? Perhaps, before they are allowed to kill again? Perhaps, one day, justice will be done for the Machiavellian murders of our bright brave souls who dared to stand up in the face of evil, who dared to speak their minds for the good of compassion and justice. R.I.P. Mike Dickin, William Wallace, Dr David Kelly, Bill Hicks, Lady Diana, Aaron Russo, JFK, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi, Benazir Bhutto, Alexander Litvinenko, Edith Starr Miller (Lady Queenborough), you are all heroes of humanity. So say we all?

-Avon 

kerravon33
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by kerravon33

14-02-2009, 07:46 PM    #3 
breezinreezin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo 
He was supposedly killed in a 6 car pile up (he wrote a motorcycle as far as I know so he was probably on that at the time) on 19 December 2006.

Mike Dickin I used to dislike intensely cos of his extreme right wing views,

Firstly, you really didn't understand Mike Dicken if that's the only label you can pin on him. Secondly, if mere political orientation is enough to cause you to dislike somebody intensely, you need to reexamine your liberal/guardianista credentials. The fact that you warmed to him when his views started to align with your own, speaks volumes. 

breezinreezin
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by breezinreezin

14-02-2009, 08:01 PM    #4 
steevo
Banned

Thanks VERY much for that in depth reply kerravon33. I feel that you have summed it up perfectly. And thanks for the information, it's much appreciated.

When the "accident" happened I looked through alot of "news" websites and the info was very limited and alot of them had not even reported it AT ALL. Some of the websites that did report it, didnt actually mention that Mike Dickin was even involved in the accident.

About the motorcycle, well, that is something I never found out for sure either. I think that it was James Whale who mentioned his motorcycle when he discussed the very sad news of Mike's death (on the James Whale show). At this stage I cannot verify in any way whether he was in a car on on a bike. But I will look into it. 

steevo
View Public Profile

14-02-2009, 08:36 PM    #5 
steevo
Banned

There seems to be no info out there on Mike Dickin's death.
Wikipedia says :-

Quote:
Mike Dickin was killed in a car crash while driving on the A30 near his home in Cornwall, on December 18, 2006, at the age of 63. Fellow talkSPORT presenter James Whale presented his tribute show. Mike left a wife (second marriage) and 5 children, including two from his first marriage. 

Wikipedia isnt an oasis of truth so we cant really take too much from this.

I stumbled across a website which had a headline of "TalkSport presenter Mike Dickin, has died". That headline makes it sound like he died of an illness or something  I think the report is from the "Talksport News Archive". Here is the link :-

http://www.mediauk.com/radio/news/230/talksport 

steevo
View Public Profile

14-02-2009, 09:46 PM    #6 
curly

I think i remember james whale saying he was driving a volvo[can't be a 100% sure though],and also how shocked he was as mike was such a good driver with a history of driving fast cars.Not the sort of character to compromise with anyone dickin,a mans man sort of character. 

curly
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by curly

06-03-2009, 10:55 PM    #7 
free thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerravon33 
Hey steevo, great post! Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I've been meaning to for a long time but always got distracted 'till now.

Well, what can I say?

BTW, are there any news links where it says he was riding a motorcycle? I'd never heard of that before, not saying you're wrong or anything that's all, thanks. You're right, it says he died in a six-car pile up, but no mention of any motorcycle. I'm not sure but for some reason I seem to remember him talking about driving a Rover on his radio show and how he was enjoying the latest model he had recently bought at a showroom. Can anyone verify this please?

Man dies after six-car collision: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/6192307.stm (note the TEMPLE reference where it happened - what usually happens at temples? Sacrifices to the gods). This report followed soon after, Radio host Dickin dies in crash: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/6194773.stm

For those who never heard of him, he was the last of the true great Talk Radio presenters in the UK before corporate interests got rid of apparently free-thinking genuine people with true integrity. All we have left now are corporate puppets, most of which are sickening to listen to. For me, Dickin was a bit like the Talk Radio equivalent of music radio's John Peel. Who also (coincidentally?) is sadly no longer with us. But John Peel is another topic altogether, I digress.

If I remember rightly, I think Mike was actually the first radio presenter in the UK to begin broadcasting the breaking news of Diana and Dodi's crash on his show in 1997. So, amongst other things, he probably had a sense of affinity and loyalty for Diana. So you are right, it's not really surprising how it ended for Mike. I believe (or at least, according to Chris Everard's documentary "Lady Die", which I highly recommend) the technique is known in the SAS as a "Boston brakes" assassination, and is a standard/preferred way of assassinating a mark where the client wants to make it look as if it was just a random car accident. Do a web search on Boston Brakes assassinations and you'll see what I mean. Princess Grace (Grace Kelly) is believed to have been assassinated by this very technique. Or of course, he could have simply been knocked over if he was riding a motorcycle as you suggested and the scene quickly sanitised by "Police". I know some people ride motorcycles in their 60's, but Mike was quite fat and not in the best of health - can you imagine an elderly gentleman looking like an out-of-breath Henry VIII riding a motorcycle down the A30? Not likely to me, I'm afraid.

And you're right steevo, Mike was definitely making waves at TalkSport. Did you hear him talking about how his antique shotguns were illegally stolen during a Police raid at his farm-house in Cornwall (a raid which was apparently illegal with no warrant whatsoever) and branded them as criminals? He regularly talked about the "incompetence" of the Police and the injustice of the British legal system, talking about how the Police only work for 'The Crown' and have no obligation to the public whatsoever. He was against the banning of firearms in the UK and often spoke of the "utter incompetence" of the government. Fatally, he later began to talk about Freemasonry and seemed to be trying to understand it. He began to talk about the "incompetence" of Sir Ian Blair and the injustice of the slaying of Jean Charles de Menezes. I didn't hear him saying he thought 7/7 was an inside job (or at least didn't want to admit it On-Air), but yes I heard him saying he had serious doubts about the official story of 9/11. The final straw, as you pointed out, was obviously when he started to have callers regularly phoning-in to his shows discussing the possibility of Diana being murdered - and AGREEING with them. His listener-ship and audience figures were beginning to rise steadily ? then exponentially - across the country; word was spreading fast and people were beginning to talk about Diana again. He had to be silenced. In his final days he even mentioned On-Air that he had some 'unique evidence' in his possession regarding the death of Diana and a "revelation that would shock the world" and incredibly - was apparently getting ready to release it the next few days! Surprise surprise... he died over the weekend in a six-car pile up.

It's very sad to think that in all likelihood, he probably survived the crash proper and was callously murdered in the helicopter en route to hospital. As far as I know, it's difficult to get hold of any real details of what actually happened that day as the news reports seem sketchy at best. I seem to remember people like James Whale saying on his show that the official verdict was a heart attack while driving at the wheel at a location called "TEMPLE" (Revenge by the Knights Templar he regularly attacked (UK Police and Freemasons) - Also sacrifices are made at temples.), but of course it's reported that heart attacks can be induced by assassins, or perhaps his heart attack was completely fictitious, we'll never know, besides it's irrelevant I know. Whatever the cause, the operation to silence him was a success. Or at least I suppose, good enough for readers of The Sun "newspaper" to be bothered about. Case closed.

I have a great deal of respect for Mike Dickin. I didn't know him personally, but from his radio shows I thought he was a fantastic and entertaining journalist. He seemed like a wonderful family man of great integrity and honour. He was always talking about "the death of real country pubs" and how he avoided the new ones with fruit-machines and music blaring (the art of killing conversation). He was always talking about how much Britain was being ?dumbed-down? and how ?spotty teenagers? were taking over the service industry. One could tell near the end that he began to understand that the "dumbing-down of Britain" he often referred to was actually intentional by design. His mood seemed to change.

He didn't seem to joke as much as he used to about "three basically's and you're out" and "my health is not in question".

Although there was to be no room for Mike Dickin in the coming ?New World Order? Gordon Brown loves to talk about, I don't believe he deserved to die, certainly not in the cowardly way he was slain. I'm sure whoever did it thought it was hilarious. All a big joke. They probably joked "your health IS in question now, isn't it?" as they killed him. Chances are, the assassins were on the very same team who did the Diana job. Not to mention it would've been all too easy to fly an SAS hit-team on a quick helo hop from Hereford as it was merely a few miles/minutes away from the crash scene. But that's all speculation, who knows.

Unsurprisingly, Mike's colleagues at TalkSport are now towing the line more than ever and keeping the wall of silence up. George Galloway for example. He clearly isn't an idiot, but he's hardly the "freedom fighter for justice" he pretends to be either. He knows exactly what would happen if he 'went down the road' Dickin did. Pun (not necessarily) intended. That goes for ALL presenters at TalkSport, including James Whale (now working at LBC radio).

As anyone should know, TalkSport and LBC are nothing more than government-sponsored propaganda engines and they don't even bother hiding it. For example, listen to the commercial breaks. Littered with grotesque "adverts" from government departments about how "we're watching you" or "we?re coming to get you" or how it's a great idea to "take the flu jab" (DVLA / BBC License Fee / Benefit Fraud / Eugenics sponsored adverts). All "the management" have to do at TalkSport or LBC is turn round and say, "was that Mike Dickin's voice I just heard?" or "is your health in question?" and the presenters keep their mouths obediently shut. It reminds me of that old Bill Hicks gag where the new president is taken into a smoky room with a bunch of suits... they begin to roll a film of Kennedy getting his head blown off from a completely different angle nobody has ever seen before... the projector is then switched off, the lights come back up and they say, "any questions"?

Of course, TalkSport and LBC are snugly in bed with Rupert Murdoch's Sky/Fox News media empire and really, that's all you need to know. For example, does anyone know anything about Nick Ferrari? Here's what his Wikipedia entry says:

Another Bill Hicks quote: "walk away, it's a pile of sh1t". There was no chance of someone with the impartiality and integrity of Mike Dickin ever continuing to work on national radio for much longer. You either shut-up and take your pay-check, or next thing you know you've had a "little accident", happen to "hit your head" or have an unexpected massive heart attack (not unlike the one John Smith had, enabling Tony Blair to conveniently slide into his vacant shoes as head of the Labour Party and consequently Prime Minister and the rest is history)...

Mike Dickin, I salute you sir. If your family and/or friends ever happen to read this, please accept my condolences. I wish you all my love and respect I can possibly give. My wish is that Mike?s memory and legacy lives on and that in the near future - as with the murders of Diana and Dodi - those responsible are brought to justice. Perhaps even before the 100 year ban on the 400 page MI6 Diana report is over? Perhaps, before they are allowed to kill again? Perhaps, one day, justice will be done for the Machiavellian murders of our bright brave souls who dared to stand up in the face of evil, who dared to speak their minds for the good of compassion and justice. R.I.P. Mike Dickin, William Wallace, Dr David Kelly, Bill Hicks, Lady Diana, Aaron Russo, JFK, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi, Benazir Bhutto, Alexander Litvinenko, Edith Starr Miller (Lady Queenborough), you are all heroes of humanity. So say we all?

-Avon

brilliant post   

free thinker
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by free thinker

06-03-2009, 11:17 PM    #8 
hunter77

i was allways a big fan of mikes although i didnt allways agree with him. he had strong oppions but at least they were his own. he was one of the first people to catorgoricaiy state that he had seen the beast of bodmin moor. he was a decent , miserable cornish bloke. i liked him and miss his no nonsense inter viewing style.
i believie he was a passenger in a car when he was killed on his way back to bodmin
"ok, squirrels have lovely fluffy tails and can perform clever tricks to nick the food off your bird table. But they are a damn nuisance, there is plenty of them and they happen to be delicious, I say, lets eat them " HFW

if you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough   

hunter77
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by hunter77

07-03-2009, 10:50 PM    #9 
free thinker

I spoke with him on a show... not long before he died, regarding royalty...and whether is was as relevant today as it was in the past, he even admitted what we were talking about a few hundered years or so back, would have got us drawn a quartered!! 

free thinker
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by free thinker

10-03-2009, 04:43 PM    #10 
nemesis

One of the last great (UK) Talk Show Hosts

A blast from the past:

Mike Dickin - 19th Feb 2006 - Talksport - Topics: Anti-Terror Laws & Freedom Of Speech

NOTICE

nemesis
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by nemesis

10-03-2009, 06:26 PM    #11 
Ian2day

I seem to recall that he said something live on air the day before his accident. Which was later pointed at, as a possible motive for him being accidented. 

Ian2day
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Ian2day

10-03-2009, 08:32 PM    #12 
nirvana
Banned

Quote:

Mike Dickin I used to dislike intensely cos of his extreme right wing views, he was well and truly a brainwashed member of the population. THEN he got wise to it all and started publically stating he believed Diana was murdered and it was a Cover-Up and also 911 was an inside job, also he spoke against the war etc - PREVIOUSLY he had said the opposite and ridiculed "Conspiracy Theories".

I began to really like Mike Dickin but A fortnight before he died I said to my mate that if he continues saying those things MI5 will assasinate him and the rest is history...

Only just realised he is dead .Was wondering why i had not heard him .
Yes alot of the old team of talk sport are gone now james wale etc.
The good old days when people said what they wanted .Now we have idiots like galloway on there.

Peace 

nirvana
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by nirvana

22-03-2009, 07:18 PM    #13 
wchen99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian2day 
I seem to recall that he said something live on air the day before his accident. Which was later pointed at, as a possible motive for him being accidented.

If you show me evidence of this, then I may change my views.

otherwise I'd be inclined to think of this conspiracy theory as nonsense. most Brits had never heard of Dickin; his show was not exactly wildly popular (yes I know talksport is a national station, but he was not a well known person). also, he was not taken seriously by many - his shows often had a humourous aspect to them, and I just don't see that he had either the influence, nor reach, to be worthy of assassination or anything like that. why waste your time (and risk public exposure getting caught) by killing someone who was not all that known, and barely scratched the public consiousness? 

wchen99
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by wchen99

22-03-2009, 08:05 PM    #14 
ocean rain

Quote:
Mike Dickin I used to dislike intensely cos of his extreme right wing views, he was well and truly a brainwashed member of the population. ..

Does that imply if he held left wing views he wasn't brainwashed, and you'd like him?

ocean rain
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ocean rain

22-03-2009, 08:13 PM    #15 
breezinreezin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean rain 
Does that imply if he held left wing views he wasn't brainwashed, and you'd like him?

I know, it's instantly annoying reading that sort of thing. 

breezinreezin
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by breezinreezin

22-03-2009, 08:16 PM    #16 
steevo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean rain 

No. 

steevo
View Public Profile

22-03-2009, 09:00 PM    #17 
bob_jones
Inactive

Location: Mr. Jones celebrating victory over the pigs. Two legs are good four legs are bad.

I exposed Tery Blair, Tony Blair's cousin for the murder of Jill Dando on Ian Collins show around that time. Probably just before Dec 19th 2006.
Just goes to show how the Queen can still press ahead with the charade that Barry George did it and not mention evidence that would clear him.
But then the Bliars whould have their say about Diana if she took them on for their murderes.

More on Jill Dando:-

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20726

Last edited by bob_jones; 22-03-2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: add the link 

bob_jones
View Public Profile
Visit bob_jones's homepage!
Find More Posts by bob_jones

23-03-2009, 01:35 AM    #18 
Ian2day

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchen99 
If you show me evidence of this, then I may change my views.

otherwise I'd be inclined to think of this conspiracy theory as nonsense. most Brits had never heard of Dickin; his show was not exactly wildly popular (yes I know talksport is a national station, but he was not a well known person). also, he was not taken seriously by many - his shows often had a humourous aspect to them, and I just don't see that he had either the influence, nor reach, to be worthy of assassination or anything like that. why waste your time (and risk public exposure getting caught) by killing someone who was not all that known, and barely scratched the public consiousness?

Why is it for me to show you evidence of this? Maybe ask the OP. I merely mention that I heard something along those lines. If it so inclines you to investigate more and see if this rumour I have mentioned is real or not. Go for it! I'm not about researching everything for other people. (If I do that I may as well make all my posts on my own website) I was just sharing something I heard back arround the time of his death. It may of been to do with Dianna, I'm not sure as it was not my most pressing thing to remember. It wouldn't be that hard to track down the day before his death's show and see if there is any truth to it.

I think that he died before 2006 though. 

Ian2day
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Ian2day

23-03-2009, 04:21 PM    #19 
wchen99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian2day 
Why is it for me to show you evidence of this? Maybe ask the OP. I merely mention that I heard something along those lines. If it so inclines you to investigate more and see if this rumour I have mentioned is real or not. Go for it! I'm not about researching everything for other people. (If I do that I may as well make all my posts on my own website) I was just sharing something I heard back arround the time of his death. It may of been to do with Dianna, I'm not sure as it was not my most pressing thing to remember. It wouldn't be that hard to track down the day before his death's show and see if there is any truth to it.

I think that he died before 2006 though.

I wasn't trying to demand you show me evidence, it just seems a bit much to make a claim of assassination based on no evidence at all. I see that a lot on these boards and out in the real world, people make big claims with no proof at all, and pretty soon other people believe these claims. I just think if someone is going to claim he was assasinated they should have a bit more than the vaguest hint of a possible conspiracy, based on something which cannot be verified. 

wchen99
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by wchen99

14-02-2011, 12:19 PM    #20 
undercoverhippy

kerravon33, I'm afraid to say you are living in cloud cuckoo land. I DID know Mike very well indeed and produced him when he was at LBC and later on at Talk Radio/Sport. In fact he lived with my family for a few months while he was working at another station.

We were all very upset to hear of his death but I have to take issue with you on this ridiculous assasination theory. I'm sorry to have to say it but his health WAS in question. I happen to know that not only had he suffered heart problems in the past he'd also had heart surgery so an attack at the wheel would have been more than likely.

You also seem to have no idea how radio works:

Quote from: kerravon33;805507
"For example, listen to the commercial breaks. Littered with grotesque "adverts" from government departments about how "we're watching you" or "we?re coming to get you" or how it's a great idea to "take the flu jab" (DVLA / BBC License Fee / Benefit Fraud / Eugenics sponsored adverts)."

The ads that you mention are paid for and produced by the Central Office of Information (COI) which were up until last year I think the largest advertiser on radio in the UK. They serve an important purpose as the recent cutback of these ads alongside a strong rise in new flu infection clearly demonstrates.

The only time in my experience the government dictate what can and can't be broadcast was either via a 'D Notice' from Whitehall or occasional media blackouts one of which I seem to remember was a high profile kidnapping case that we were asked not to report as the victim's life was possibly in danger.

I'm all for a good conspiracy theory but you're wide off the mark with this and I'm pretty sure if Mike were still around and heard you spouting this nonsense he'd call you 'a pratt'.

No doubt you're going to come back and tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about and suggest that 'dark forces are at work' but it is complete rubbish.

Undercoverhippy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerravon33 

Well, what can I say?

-Avon

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:59:01 PM by the leveller »

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
Re: Was Mike Dickin of TalkSport Assassinated ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 11:16:36 PM »
In Memory Of
MIKE DICKIN
23 September 1943 to 18 December 2006

I was extremely shocked and saddened to hear of Mike Dickin's death in a car crash on the A30 near Bodmin in Devon, not far from his family home, on 18th December 2006.

Mike Dickin was one of Britain's finest radio journalists and a true broadcasting legend. His last job was on Talk Sport between 1996 and 2006 where he was known as "Britain's Angriest Man". He was, perhaps, not so much "angry" as completely and utterly incredulous with many aspects of our society and the state of the nation in general.

In many ways Mike Dickin, who started his radio career at BBC Radio Oxford in 1970, was the father of modern-day talk and speech radio. His particular style, however, was unique and made utterly complusive listening.

Mike Dickin also worked for 2UE in Sydney, spells at BBC Radio Stoke and BBC Radio Leicester, then LBC Radio and Capital Radio in London, BBC Radio Four, Talk Radio andlatterly Talk Sport.

Mike Dickin held strong views, which would sometimes divide opinion. Occasionally the opinions he expressed on his radio programme seemed flawed and would spark furious debate, but in the main he stood for plain and simple common sense, something that our government so often seems devoid of. He would often talk despairingly on this subject. Mike would essentially speak up for the honest, law abiding and hard working members of our society, and would indeed be utterly incredulous, if not very angry, at the many injustices that occurred and particularly with the nonsensical political correctness and waste at national and local government level. Perhaps so incredulous or angry was he with the mess that our political leaders had made that he was said by colleagues James Whale and Ian Collins to have, on more than one occasion (off the air) to have simply stood there and uttered the words "It's all shit isn't it really".

That was the real essence of Mike Dickin, while he could not use those exact words on the air, he really would simply tell it as it was - when things just seemed plain wrong, he would say so. However he would also allow a detailed discussion and had a forensic mind that could cut to the very bone of any topic being examined.

A particularly hot topic on Mike Dickin's programmes would be the relentless pursuit and persecution of motorists by the authorities - haven't they got something better to do, like catch real criminals? Mike's programme would frequently feature Barrie Segal and Neil Herron - seasoned campaigners against illegal parking tickets. See appealnow.com

I always enjoyed his crusade and tirades against political correctness, quangos and general waste & corruption, inept government and local councils, the feckless, the hoodies, yobs, thugs and scum that infect our world, lawlessness, lack of discipline, the ineptitude of the criminal justice system and general lack of respect and decency.

We need more like you Mike.

I first heard Mike Dickin on LBC in the 1980's and from that moment I was hooked on his style of journalism and presentation. Although I did not not live in the LBC transmission area, which was a source of enormous frustration, I looked forward to tuning in to Mr Dickin's programmes whenever I could. He was an utterly brilliant broadcaster and I was delighted when he joined Talk Radio (Talk Sport) and have listened to his programmes regularly ever since. His weekend programmes became THE highlight of the radio listening week.

Mike's well known retort to being asked by listeners "How are you Mike?" was usually a rather impatient "My health is not in question.". He did not suffer fools or time wasters, and simply wanted to discuss whatever topic was under the Dickin microscope that particular evening to the fullest possible extent. He hated those over-used words such as 'basically' and 'y'know'.

Mike Dickin's death is stupefyingly awful and the world and radio is a great deal poorer without his presence. He will be very sorely missed.
Our thoughts are with his family and his colleagues at Talk Sport Radio.

Mike Dickin was often referred to as The King, due to his resemlance to King Henry VIII - The king is dead. Talk radio will never be the same again.

Thanks for all your words.

Farewell Mike Dickin - your health is no longer in question.

Mike Dickin mp3 Audio Clips:

Mike Dickin Audio Compilation 1 - a selection of clips posted on YouTube

Mike Dickin Audio Compilation 2 - a selection of clips posted on AudioClick

Some amusing TalkSport Creative promotional trailers for Mike
 Dickin'sprogrammes

Mike Dickin - The King
1943 to 2006

The Talk Sport website announced the devasting news thus:

It's with great sadness that we have to report that Mike Dickin passed away on Monday 18th Dec. Mike Dickin was truly a radio legend and he will be sorely missed by all of us here as well as the millions of listeners who he informed, entertained and argued with over the span of his 36-year illustrious career.

Mike Dickin was a broadcasting legend and will be sorely missed by the millions of listeners he has informed, entertained and argued with over his 36-year career.

Mike Dickin's family has requested that any donations in his memory be made to the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.

Donate via the website at www.rnli.org.uk. After you have made your donation via the website, please e-mail [email protected] with the following info: Your name and address, your donation in memory of Mike Dickin and your transaction number, which you will receive by e-mail acknowledging your donation.

Talk Sport Radio webpages

The Talk Sport website profiled Mike Dickin as:

Mike Dickin is an all-round sportsman; he smokes, drinks and gets into fights. He is Britain's angriest man!

Of course, we jest. Rarely has a man taken such a keen interest, and participation, in such a wide range of sporting activities and his background in broadcasting is as impressive as Sven-Goran Eriksson?s powers of persuasion.

Mike is a veteran of the radio industry and award-winning presenter - earning a Golden Rose award in New York for his coverage of the Lockerbie disaster.

He started off as a musician in the swinging sixties as a bass player and singer, but was deemed too ?rock n? roll? for rock n? roll and so took to playing music on the airwaves. Mike joined the BBC in 1970 where he enjoyed arguably the finest moment of his career when he became the first presenter on air at Radio Oxford.

Like fellow late night maestro Mike Mendoza, Dickin landed on his feet and landed a job on Australian radio, working for Sydney?s biggest station, 2UE.

When he returned to Britain in the late seventies he spent 17 years working for Radio 4, LBC and Capital Radio.

A keen sportsman, Mike now does more watching than participating. A few years ago he was a Hellenic League footballer playing for Abingdon United and had a trial with Headington in the season before they became Oxford United. He played cricket for Abingdon as well, and rugby for Oxford.

Also a keen horse racing, tennis, golf, fly fishing and shooting enthusiast, Mike sacrifices things like eating and sleeping to fit it in all his sporting pleasures.

Talk Sport tribute to Mike DickinTalk Sport Radio website

The BBC News website announced the news thus:

Radio host Dickin dies in crash.

TalkSport phone-in host Mike Dickin, known to listeners as "The King", has died in a road accident in Cornwall. Dickin had been with Talksport for ten years.

The presenter, who was in his 60s, was involved in a six car pile-up on the A30 on Monday. He was airlifted to hospital but was pronounced dead.

Dickin started his career at BBC Radio Oxford in the 1970s, where he was the first presenter on the air. He also broadcast on Radio 4 and LBC, and won an award for his coverage of the Lockerbie disaster in 1988. The presenter, who broadcast from his home studio in Bodmin Moor, was known for his passionate, outspoken views. Listeners dubbed him Britain's angriest man, but he was also known as "The King" because of his supposed resemblance to Henry VIII. Dickin hosted weekend overnight phone-ins on Talksport and was last heard on the station last weekend.

Colleague James Whale paid tribute to the broadcaster, calling him "the original grumpy old man". "Radio will never be the same again," continued the presenter, who will pay tribute to Dickin in his programme on Thursday night 21/12/2006. (Podcast available on the TalkSport website)

BBC News StoryBBC News website

The Daily Telegraph ran this article on Mike Dickin's premature death:

Mike Dickin, who died on Monday (18th December 2006) aged 63, was the robustly outspoken host of a popular three-hour weekend phone-in show on the Talksport radio station.

Affectionately known as "The King" by his fans, because of a supposed resemblance to King Henry VIII, Dickin was more generally known as "Britain's angriest man" on account of his come-off-it-you-bleeding-heart-liberals views on everything from asylum seekers to traffic wardens.

He was also known for catchphrases such as "My health is not in question" (his usual reply to the polite inquiry "How are you?"). Another was the gnomic: "If you were constipated, you'd be speechless."

Dickin's philosophy of life, broadly speaking, was that the world is going to hell, but what the hell can we do about it? A typical Dickin phone-in would involve the presenter laying into such targets as the police, social workers, town hall bureaucrats and all the other "people to whom I pay such vast sums of money to take care of things", and then inviting callers to pick up the gauntlet.

Dickin's pet hates also included anal sex, the EU, music in pubs, poetry, call centres, yobs, phrases such as "at the end of the day", trades unionists (whom he banned from his programme) and almost anyone who was not English.

He caused an outcry north of the border by claiming that "the only reason we have to change the clocks is that Scottish farmers are too tight-fisted to pay for electric lighting", and was forced to apologise to Welsh listeners after saying: "If a Welshman mated with a pretty sheep, there is a one per cent chance of the result having some brains. But if it was an ugly sheep, there is no chance at all."

Woe betide any caller who betrayed emotional vulnerability. When, during a phone-in about workplace bullying, an anxious caller rang to say that his daughter, off work for a month, was being bullied by her boss, Dickin retorted: "I know where my sympathies lie. While she's trotting off to see the doctor, who's doing her job? Maybe your daughter's incompetent."

Not that Dickin hated everything. He liked motor racing, Nicole (the girl in the Renault Clio adverts who said "Papa?"), and Princess Diana's figure. Indeed it was Dickin who first broke the news of the Princess's death on the air waves, though he apparently subscribed to the view that she had been murdered.

But he generally disliked it when callers agreed with him. If they also happened to be female he might conclude the conversation with the insultingly suggestive: "I've got to go: I'm beginning to enjoy myself."

When one caller rang to suggest that Dickin and the Daily Mail columnist Richard Littlejohn "put your heads together and form a political party we can bloody vote for", Dickin revealed that they had considered the idea and that the suggested name was "Littledick".

Michael Dickin was born on September 28, 1943 and started out as a bass player and singer in the 1960s before joining the BBC in 1970 as the first presenter on air at Radio Oxford.

In 1977 Dickin moved to Australia, where he worked for the Sydney radio station, 2UE. Returning to Britain in the late 1970s he worked for BBC Radio 4, LBC and Capital Radio, winning an award for his coverage of the Lockerbie disaster in 1988. He was voted Radio Personality of the Year in 1994.

He joined Talksport (then Talk Radio UK) in 1996 and became host of its phone-in show on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. All of his shows were broadcast from a studio deep below Mount Folly in the centre of Bodmin, Cornwall, a few miles from his home.

On Monday night Dickin was gravely injured in an accident involving six cars on the A30 near Bodmin. He was airlifted to hospital but later died.

He is survived by his wife, Karen, and by five children.

Daily Telegraph storyDaily Telegraph Website

Mike Dickin's Talk Sport colleagues left these messages of condolence on the Talk Sport web page:

Andy Jacobs, talkSPORT Presenter:

?Its very sad. Mike was known as one of the angriest men on radio but in fact he was one of the loveliest guys I know. He loved his sport, especially the horses and really was one of the originals?

Paul Hawksbee:

?I?m still taking in the news. It?s a terrible shock for everybody and my condolences go out to his family. The angry character you heard on the radio was born from his passion for life and off air he really was a pussycat. Mike was a wonderful guy and a legend."

Rhodri Williams, talkSPORT Presenter:

Mike will always be thought of as a radio legend. Anyone working in this medium will have picked up some tips while listening to a master of the airwaves. He was a huge personality and possessed charisma in abundance. His voice and his views will be sorely missed.

Mike Allen, talkSPORT Presenter:

"He was a master of Talk Radio, and no stranger to pure theatricals on air"

Adrian Durham, talkSPORT Presenter:

?For someone like me to have the opportunity to work with a man like Mike Dickin was amazing. He was a great man, steeped in radio tradition and he was a first class broadcaster.?

Duncan Barkes, TalkSPORT Presenter;

?Mike was one of the reasons why I gravitated towards doing talk radio and stopped playing the songs. He gave me some valuable advice and tips on the way up and he always believed you should be true to yourself. Radio has lost a legend.?

Keith Arthur, talkSPORT presenter:

I am old enough to remember Mike Dickin from his days with Capital, his late evening shows were really a taste of what speech radio was to become, with music in between. When I started Fisherman's Blues with Talk Radio, on a Sunday evening as it was then, Mike was one of the radio names that I instantly recognised. When Talk Radio became TalkSPORT and we moved studios, I was given a Saturday morning slot, as well as Sunday evening, and I took over from Mike Dickin's overnight show. It is difficult to explain how proud that made me feel: a newcomer to radio being 'thrown to' by one of the true greats. We had many chats about fishing, I even managed to track Mike down a new fly fishing outfit ? Temple Fishery was literally at the end of his road.

Mike was the genuine article. He didn't make up an argument: if he made a statement he believed it. Anyone with an opinion that didn't match his, had better watch out! That was what made him brilliant: he meant every word he said on air, and off it, where he did not suffer fools gladly either.

As well as loving his radio work, Mike was also a motoring aficionado; there was rarely the same car twice outside Talk Towers on a Sunday morning.

I will miss you Mike, as will all other lovers of speech radio. Rest in peace.

Jon Gaunt, talkSPORT Presenter:

"I never met him face-to-face, but only last Friday we were having a right old ding-dong on air. He truly was Britain's angriest man and I'm sure his millions of listeners will miss him dearly"

Alan Brazil, talkSPORT Presenter:

?This is devastating news, I knew him well and although I hadn?t seen him for a long time I liked him a lot. He was a genuine radio legend and I'll really miss him'.

Mike Parry, talkSPORT Presenter:

?Mike Dickin was a very very powerful influence on my broadcasting life. He had a huge intellect and could not be beaten in debate. He was one the best and it will be years before we discover another of his calibre?.

Charlie Wolf, talkSPORT Presenter:

'Mike was a consummate professional and somebody I looked up to as a colleague and a friend'

Mike Mendoza, talkSPORT Presenter:

"Words almost fail me at this time and I will be saying how I felt about Mike Dickin over the weekend. Over the past 5/6 months, since i moved to the weekend shows I have had the pleasure of chatting with Mike for our crossovers. Every weekend I look forward to that moment and tragically that moment has been taken from me, I loved our chats both on and off air. I had the pleasure of working with Mike Dickin at LBC in the old 'Hammersmith' days, he was a real fun person who did mix with many of the others in the company, not the loner some make him out to be. He enjoyed life to the full, played hard and worked harder. He was the true professional on air and is certainly a true legend and is a great loss to us all, not just at talkSPORT who worked with him but the listeners and more especially his family who he held so dear. My thoughts and condolances and best wishes go out to them at this tragic time..."

George Alexander, Mike Dickin's producer:

Mike Dickin was truly an all-round radio performer. He was known as the Angriest Man in Britain, which he may well have been, but he took great joy in his anger, and in his act, which was polished to perfection.

He knew exactly how to get callers fired up, how to provoke the biggest reaction, how to structure an argument. Mike carefully crafted his programmes out of precise amounts of despair, debate and humour.

While he never suffered fools gladly, he was incredibly loyal to those who worked with him, and devoted to his family, for whom it is truly a devastating loss.

It was an honour to know him, and to work with him for the last few years of his phenomenal career. Mike will be sorely missed, not only as a giant of British broadcasting, but as a unique and much loved human being.

Talk Sport tribute to Mike DickinTalk Sport Radio website

Mike Dickin

Chris Lowrie remembers the former LBC presenter, who died last Monday

He was known as the grumpy, gruff man of radio but I'm going to let you into a secret: he was actually a teddy bear and passionate about life. He loved his horses, the countryside, fast cars and the odd drink.

I first met Mike back in 1989 when he returned to LBC and presented an afternoon show on what was then called London Talkback Radio (Our Medium Wave station at the time). At first I was frightened of him because he was this big burly guy who had a reputation for being fierce. But he wasn't really like that at all. Yes, okay, he did get a bit bad tempered at times, but I soon discovered he was a friendly guy with a warm heart.

He was one of the last of the old troupe of hard living talk show hosts, and I know that many of my ex-LBC colleagues and friends at TalkSport will miss him enormously. So shall I.
LBC website

FROM NEIL HERRON's Blog Site:

The following report is a report of the tragic death and career of TalkSPORT radio host Mike Dickin.

Barrie Segal and I became a regular fixture of the 'angriest man in Britain's' phone-in on TalkSPORT. Mike certainly lived up to his reputation when callers rang up to highlight their personal parking injustices. He did not hold back when he aired his thoughts on the illegality of decriminalised parking and the behaviour of those involved.

He will be a very big miss.

Our deepest sympathies go out to Mike's family.

Radio host Dickin dies in crash
U K

Mike Dickin had been with Talksport for ten years.

Talksport phone-in host Mike Dickin, known to listeners as "The King", has died in a road accident in Cornwall.The presenter, who was in his 60s, was involved in a six car pile-up on the A30 on Monday. He was airlifted to hospital but was pronounced dead.

Dickin started his career at BBC Radio Oxford in the 1970s, where he was the first presenter on the air.

He also broadcast on Radio 4 and LBC, and won an award for his coverage of the Lockerbie disaster in 1988.

The presenter, who broadcast from his home studio in Bodmin Moor, was known for his passionate, outspoken views.

Listeners dubbed him Britain's angriest man, but he was also known as "The King" because of his supposed resemblance to Henry VIII.

Dickin hosted weekend overnight phone-ins on Talksport and was last heard on the station last weekend.

Colleague James Whale paid tribute to the broadcaster, calling him "the original grumpy old man".
"Radio will never be the same again," continued the presenter, who will pay tribute to Dickin in his programme on Thursday night
Mike Dickin was a broadcasting legend and will be sorely missed by the millions of listeners he has informed, entertained and argued with over his 36-year career.

Now here is your chance to remember Mike in this Book of Condolences, which will be passed on to his wife, Karen, and family. Feel free to share your memories, anecdotes or just your simple condolences to this great broadcaster

Mike Dickin (1935 ? December 18, 2006), was a late-night host on the British radio station talkSPORT. Dickin used to present the 1am to 6am slot at weekends on Talk Radio. He returned filling in for James Whale during his battle with kidney cancer. He was given the morning show slot soon afterwards. He was affectionately known as the King by his fans due to his resemblance to King Henry VIII.

Starting out as a musician in the 1960s, Dickin was a bass player and singer who found he preferred playing records to making them when he joined the BBC in 1970 as the first presenter on air at Radio Oxford. In 1977, Dickin moved to Australia where he worked for Sydney's biggest radio station, 2UE. Upon returning to the UK in the late seventies he spent 17 years working for BBC Radio 4, LBC and Capital Radio. He started at Talksport (then Talk Radio UK) in 1996.

Dickin was famous for his strongly held views. His passion led to him being labelled ?Britain?s angriest man? by talkSPORT listeners. Typical discussions on his show included crime, cars, trains, taxis, the problems of young people, the downfall of Britain, the incompetence of people in the service industry, parking tickets and call centres. He was also known for his catchphrases, such as ?My health is not in question,? when asked how he is. Another catchphrase is ?If you were constipated, you?d be speechless.?

Mike Dickin was killed in a car crash on the A30 near his home in Cornwall, on December 18th 2006.

Neil Herron's blog pages

Mike Dickin
Radio's 'Mr Grumpy'
08 January 2007
By Mike Allen

Robert Michael Dickin, broadcaster and journalist: born Reading 28 September 1943; twice married (two sons, three daughters); died Bodmin, Cornwall 18 December 2006.

One of the most challenging nights of Mike Dickin's career was being on air in 1997 as the news service IRN (Independent Radio News) announced that Diana, Princess of Wales had been involved in a car crash. At the time Dickin was working as host of a phone-in show on Talk Radio UK, the radio station now known as talkSPORT and, as the broadcaster who first announced the news of the Princess's death, he set the benchmark that night.

Born in 1943, Dickin worked early in his life as a motoring writer and later drove a Mini in the 1977 London to Sydney Rally. A job at BBC Radio Oxford in 1970 was the start of his career in "think-on-your-feet radio". There was a definite attraction on his part to theatricality (he played bass guitar as a hobby) that showed up again and again, especially when he had an on-air rant, and it earned him the title "Mr Grumpy".

In the late Seventies he moved to Capital Radio in London and worked on a show called Midnight Special. Even then, the format showed the way his future would develop. A mix of three callers and three records gave him a chance to express his opinions and disagree when he felt it was all going too smoothly. There was a later attempt to get a book he had written published - when he spoke about it, in a passing reference, about 15 years later, claiming that no one wanted to publish it, the regret in his voice was apparent.

As he was getting his show together, and his production staff were helping write up the cues and crib sheets, at some point there might be an explosive and outrageous reaction to a story on the wire services or in the newspapers' first editions. Then the production assistants would look at each other with barely masked grins; they knew from an outburst of pure Dickin that it was going to be "a good one tonight".

After working at Capital Radio, Dickin was asked to join LBC (London Broadcasting Company). His producer there was Nikki Townley. Townley recalls that, when Dickin was presented with the Local Radio Personality of the Year award in 1994, "A very well-known BBC presenter was on stage in front of Mike, just wrapping up her essential list of assistants - this wasn't lost on Mike. He followed her extended list of thanks by simply pointing me out as his entire production team and at the same time highlighting the disparity between the BBC and commercial radio - point made, I would suggest."

Townley also remembers that one event at LBC involving Mike Dickin inspired an episode of the TV hit Drop the Dead Donkey. People with large personalities generate urban myths, and my personal favourite is of Dickin's having done stunt-driving in the 1969 film The Italian Job. It turns out to be true.

Mike Allen

The obituary in The IndependentThe Independent website

Links:

Talk Sport Radio

Wikipedia entry

Digital Spy comments

Answers.com entry

Samizdata.net blog

Websites where you may find some Mike Dickin audio mp3 files:

Tommy Boyd Pages

Richard Dawkins website

http://audioclick.co.uk/Dickin.aspx

Other Links:

Campaign Against Political Correctness

Appeal Now - Campaign Against Parking Tickets - Barrie Segal

Neil Herron - appeared on Mike Dickin's programmes with Barrie Segal

Neil Herron's blog pages

Talk Sport Radio

BBC Radio Oxford

LBC Radio

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
Re: Was Mike Dickin of TalkSport Assassinated ?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 01:00:16 AM »

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

COMODO SECURE