email

OATHS

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
OATHS
« on: August 30, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
ISN'T IT TIME THAT ALL THOSE IN OFFICE WERE MADE TO HONOUR THE OATHS THEY WOULD CLAIM TO HAVE “SWORN”  ?

British citizen’s oath
 "I, [name], swear by Almighty God that, on becoming a British citizen, I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors according to law."
Pledge:
"I will give my loyalty to the United Kingdom and respect its rights and freedoms. I will uphold its democratic values. I will observe its laws faithfully and fulfil my duties and obligations as a British citizen."

DO NOT FORGET THAT EVERY BRITISH NATIONAL OWES A LIFELONG DUTY OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE BRITISH NATION  -  FROM BIRTH

By comparison, here is the current American Oath of Allegiance
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.[2]

TO TAKE AN OATH WHICH SPECIFICALLY DENIES SOVEREIGNTY IS TO SWEAR A TREASONABLE OATH

JP’s Oath
All magistrates take the judicial oath when they are sworn in:
I will well and truly serve our Sovereign Lady Queen Elizabeth the Second, in the office of Justice of the Peace and I will do right to all manner of people after the laws and usages of the realm without fear or favour, affection or ill-will.

Politicians Oath
Oath of Allegiance
The Oath of Allegiance is in the following form:
I, (name), do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So evasion; so help me God.[2]

TO TAKE AN OATH WHICH SPECIFICALLY DENIES SOVEREIGNTY IS TO SWEAR A TREASONABLE OATH

JP’s Oath
I will well and truly serve our Sovereign Lady Queen Elizabeth the Second, in the office of Justice of the Peace and I will do right to all manner of people after the laws and usages of the realm without fear or favour, affection or ill-will.

Politicians Oath
Oath of Allegiance
I, (name), do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So evasion; so help me God.[2]

JP’s Oath

Politicians Oath
Oath of Allegiance

JP’s Oath

Politicians Oath
Oath of Allegiance
I, (name), do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom swears an oath which includes
(http://www.freebritain.org.uk/_blog/Free_Britain/post/The_Queen's_Majesty,_Honoured_by_the_people,_betrayed_by_politicians,_/)

“You will to your uttermost bear Faith and Allegiance to the Queen's Majesty and will assist and defend all civil and temporal Jurisdictions, Pre-eminences and Authorities, granted to Her Majesty and annexed to the Crown by Acts of Parliament or otherwise against all Foreign Princes, Persons, Prelates, States or Potentates...”

The British Prime Minister has to swear three oaths:

1. The Oath of Allegiance to the monarch, required of all M.P.s and Lords before they are allowed to take their seats or vote (also required of members of the Privy Council, in those rare cases where a Privy Councillor does not hold a seat in either House) (Cite: Halsbury's Laws of England, Vol. 8(2) - Constitutional Law, para. 32; para. 524, note 1.)
2. The Privy Councillor's Oath, as a condition of being admitted to the Cabinet. (Cite: Halsbury's Laws of England, Vol. 8(2) - Constitutional Law, para. 523.)

3. The Oath of Office as First Lord of the Treasury, which is the formal office held by the Prime Minister, there not being any actual office of "Prime Minister" (Cite: Halsbury's Laws of England, Vol. 8(2) - Constitutional Law, para. 923.)

Halsbury's doesn't give the actual forms of the oaths used. The Oath of Allegiance and the Oath of Office are set out in the Promissory Oaths Act, 1868, which I don't happen to have handy.

The Privy Councillor's Oath appears to be a matter of custom rather than statutory obligation, and is not set out in the Promissory Oaths Act, 1868. The form of oath currently used is set out in the Report of the Oaths Committee 1867 (Parliamentary Paper 1867, vol. 31, at p. 84). Halsbury's summarises it as follows, at para. 523 (citations omitted):The substance of the oath is:

(1) to be a true and faithful servant of the Crown;

(2) not to countenance any word or deed against the monarch, but to withstand the same to the utmost of his power, and to reveal it to the monarch or the Privy Council;
3) to declare his true and faithful opinion upon all matters before the Privy Council;

(4) to keep secret all matters revealed or treated of in the Privy Council;

(5) not to reveal matters so treated of touching any of his colleagues without the consent of the monarch or the Privy Council;

(6) to bear faith and allegiance to the Crown, and to defend its jurisdiction and powers against all foreign princes, persons, prelates, states or potentates; and,

(7) generally to act in all things as true and faithful servants of the Crown.
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-217201.html

The Oath of a Privy Counsellor
You do swear by Almighty God to be a true and faithful Servant unto The Queen’s Majesty[1] as one of Her Majesty’s Privy Council. You will not know or understand of any manner of thing to be attempted, done or spoken against Her Majesty’s Person, Honour, Crown or Dignity Royal, but you will lett and withstand the same to the uttermost of your power, and either cause it to be revealed to Her Majesty Herself, or to such of Her Privy Council as shall advertise Her Majesty of the same. You will in all things to be moved, treated and debated in Council, faithfully and truly declare your Mind and Opinion, according to your Heart and Conscience; and will keep secret all matters committed and revealed unto you, or that shall be treated of secretly in Council. And if any of the said Treaties or Counsels shall touch any of the Counsellors you will not reveal it unto him but will keep the same until such time as, by the consent of Her Majesty or of the Council, Publication shall be made thereof. You will to your uttermost bear Faith and Allegiance to the Queen’s Majesty; and will assist and defend all civil and temporal Jurisdictions, Pre-eminences, and Authorities, granted to Her Majesty and annexed to the Crown by Acts of Parliament, or otherwise, against all Foreign Princes,
Persons, Prelates, States, or Potentates. And generally in all things you will do as a faithful and true Servant ought to do to Her Majesty
SO HELP YOU GOD

Judicial Oath and Affirmation
Judicial Oath
I, (name), do swear that I will well and truly serve our Sovereign Lady Queen Elizabeth in the office of (office), and I will do right to all manner of people after the laws and usages of this realm (or colony), without fear or favour, affection or ill will. So help me God.[citation needed]
Judicial Affirmation
I, (name), do solemnly sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve our Sovereign Lady Queen Elizabeth in the office of (office), and I will do right to all manner of people after the laws and usages of this Realm without fear or favour, affection or ill will. So help me God.[citation needed]
The Judicial Oath and the Oath of Allegiance (see above) are to be taken by each of the following-
·      Lord Chancellor of Great Britain
·      Recorder of London
·      Master of the Court of Protection[10]
·      Justices of the Peace
·      Lord Justice General and Lord President of the Court of Session
·      Lord Justice Clerk
·      Judges of the Court of Session
·      Temporary judges of the Court of Session and High Court of Justiciary appointed under section 35(3) of the Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions)(Scotland) Act 1990
·      Sheriffs principal

AND NOW THE BIG ONE.
Queen’s Coronation Oath

Archbishop. Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Union of South Africa, Pakistan, and Ceylon, and of your Possessions and the other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?
Queen. I solemnly promise so to do.

Archbishop. Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgements?

Queen. I will.

Archbishop. Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel? Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the United Kingdom the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law? Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church of England, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in England? And will you preserve unto the Bishops and Clergy of England, and to the Churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?
Queen. All this I promise to do.

The things which I have here before promised, I will perform and keep. So help me God.
Then the Queen, arising out of her chair, supported by peers and with the Sword of State being carried before her, goes to the altar to make her solemn oath in the sight of all the people to observe the promises by laying her right hand upon the Holy Gospel in the great Bible (which was before carried in the procession and is now brought from the altar by the archbishop, and tendered to her as she kneels upon the steps), saying:
Queen: The things which I have here before promised, I will perform and keep. So help me God.[
Then the Queen kisses the Bible and signs the Oath.

email

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

COMODO SECURE