• 1 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
Leaving the EU
« on: September 22, 2018, 07:57:26 PM »
PLEASE START READING FROM THE BOTTOM UPWARDS

=================================================
 As there is no historical record of any empire doing less than accreting power, influence and land, and the EU is an Empire that in reality is the Fourth Reich, it suggests this view of a United Ireland is probably correct. It would also suit the many Irish nationalists, e.g. Sinn Fein, who have wanted a United Ireland since 1917.

That said, what evidence reveals that the UK has become the United Kingdom of the regions under the EU, or diminishing that to Britain?

JR

=========================================================================
I think we should be in no doubt that Varadkar and the blue suits in Brussels with their NGO masters do want to add a United Ireland, the island of Ireland, to their Empire eventually. There are talks and manoeuvrings gong on towards the Border Poll now. Any Brexit deal agreed to will have to leave the option open for them to achieve that objective easily in the future, that is why the hard border subject is so important to the EU.
Previous power of Great Britain is broken down, under the EU we became the United Kingdom of the regions, now we are referred to as Britain.

Kate
================================================================
There's a strange amalgam in Ken's email, which I'll try to put into perspective.

The EU is an empire, led by the current emperor, Jean Claude Drunker, sorry Junker, and his council, the EU Commission, produce the policies then rubber stamped by courtiers, the EU parliament. I cannot think of any empire in history that has not attempted to increment its power and increase its land. That is why Macron et al are making Brexit so difficult.

England, is not only the oldest nation is Europe, it predates France by about 700 years, it also has the oldest Parliament. France, a nation since the C15th, but outlines of the country originated with the efforts of Louis IX, Saint Louis, to bring to heel the major barons into a united country. However, there are still significant influences that pull against the centre, i.e. Paris. In the South its the remnants of the Visigoths and Romans and, in the north, it's the Northmen.

The Northmen, as Sonya correctly observes, were Vikings, blown to France by the North Wind from Britain. In 911 Rollo the First Duke of Normandy was ceded the Cotentin Peninsula by the then Count of Paris. William of Normandy, Guillaume le Batardes in common parlance, was his descendant. William was, in fact, the mightiest of all the French Barons.

However, it is Buonaparte, who created the Academie Francaise, who created a common language and with that the homogeneity that is France today. 
J

=========================================================================
Hi Folks.  Demographics is a fascinating subject even to take a little interest in. Normandy is so named because of the Norsemen who settled there as most of you
will know. These seafarers got all over the place;  Iceland, Greenland,  The North American Continent into the Mediterranean  and they invaded down through Russia
and the Ukraine. The peoples of Scandinavian countries as a whole were, in the past, always going off to somewhere. That may be where we Brits got our seafaring
ambitions from; it’s in our blood and psychic. Also, we Brits have many kinds of national blood groups in us.

This will surprise most of you. I have just asked Google;  ‘how many North American indigenous people settled in the UK in all of history?’  Answer 177,000!
I knew some had, but I thought that it was in 15,000+ bracket. Well that answer surprised me also. Has anyone out there ever had an urge to build a totem pole or take
to living in a wigwam/tepee?    Ken.

================================================================

Hello Ken et al

Yes, it says something, doesn't it, that nations have to be threatened to stay in the EU.   As to the French, I remember being told by a Tower of London Guard that the 'Normans' were descendants of  'Northmen' who had intermarried with the French for 100 years, but if they had been completely French we Englishmen would have beaten them hollow at Hastings!

BTW, I  recently found a large paperback book at a Charity shop entitled:    '1000 Years of Annoying the French' by Stephen Clarke which I am looking forward to reading.

Sonya
==========================================================================

Hello Folks.  The news this morning about the French President, Macron wanting to deter other countries from leaving the EU puzzles me.
‘IF’! the EU is such a wonderful set up to be a member of;  Why should countries have to be deterred from leaving it???  WHY  INDEED  doesn’t Macron, Merkel,
Barnier, Juncker and Co wish we ‘silly British fools’ for leaving the EU, the best of our ‘Silly British Luck’ and hurry us to the ‘Proverbial Door’ and wish us bon voyage???
Am I missing something?

Anyway, French thinking in particular, always has been back to front. That is why this nation in the past for 100s of years has always beaten the French across the World,
both in empire building and on their own ground, thus preventing them from conquering Europe by force of arms. I have in mind,  Henry V at Agincourt,
John Churchill, at Blenheim etc, etc  and Wellington at Waterloo etc, etc. and many other historical events. All these events occurred when the French nation was 3½  times
bigger than England’s population.

The 1066 invasion was led by Norsemen and also all kinds of demographic movements of peoples were occurring after the Romans left in 410 for about 700 years and the
UK did not exist as a kingdom at that time anyway. Sorry to have digressed.    Ken.

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
Re: Leaving the EU
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 06:46:25 PM »
Hello Kate, Re N/Ireland and the EU’s attempts to prise it away from the UK, thus creating a United Ireland.  Well I think that the EU does not have a chance of achieving that, for two basic
reasons. 1.  Two thirds of N/Ireland are Protestants and such a move therefore would cause serious problems. 2.  Didn’t N/Ireland vote to leave the EU in the referendum on 24/6/2016?

Re my strange amalgam John,[blend] the vast majority of peoples in countries on planet Earth are in fact a mix of different races. This occurred because of European explorers and Empire
building by we Europeans as you and everybody else will know. ‘Alfred [Aelfred] the Great,’ was in reality German, of Anglo-Saxon blood. King Arthur was either Celt or Welsh.

And when you think about it Alfred the Great’s wars against the Vikings who were Danish BTW, was about one set of Foreign Johnnies, fighting another set of F/Js for possession of these
Islands we now call the United Kingdom.  The U/K must be made up of dozens of different races and peoples from around the World including 177,000 N/American Indians who originally
moved here.

Incidentally England has not had an Anglo/Saxon king or queen since King Harold in 1066.There have been French, Welsh, Scottish, Dutch and German kings and queens and our current
Royal Family were related to Tsar Nicholas 2nd  Now I wonder where Putin’s family blood line leads back to?, and those Scottish kings and a queen[Anne] Stuarts, what about D/Trump’s
blood line?, he’s Scottish.  That’d put the frighteners up those Lefties. Err joking of course, but did anyone see the film; ‘King Ralph’, with John Goodman? Peter O’ Toole was in it as well.   Ken.
==============================================================================

Thank you for this explanation Ken, it really spells out what is basically in our hearts and our DNA as we fight to regain control of our Islands from tyrannical, Empirical rule.

I have no TV but do listen to BBC world service, not because I trust it by any means, but much of it's programming is on global affairs and the dubious 'way forward'.
There was recently had a discussion panel on the NI Border Poll and how soon a referendum could be introduced for a United Ireland, though the earliest estimate was 5 years, it was clear that there is much propaganda being produced and promoted on this issue on both sides of the border to push opinion. It does seem that the EU is striving to keep it's border options ready for when that Border Poll comes and they can take the lot, even by voting again-and again.

Interesting that the Princes Prelate (Lords) of the Royal German House of Wettin from the 11th century elected the Popes for the Holy Roman Empire.
There are only two Wettin thrones left at present, one is seated in Belgium, the other seat is the English/British throne.

I appreciate these exchanges as we can share and hopefully help one another to be more aware and ready for the devious dealings which we know will continue while the EU exists and expands.

Kate

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk