Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +74/-0
Tommy Robinson is going to conduct his own defence
« on: October 05, 2018, 06:55:24 PM »
https://www.ukipdaily.com/the-real-tommy-robinson/

The following is the comment I made about this article:

sonyaporter on October 5, 2018 at 1:22 pm
As I have said before, we have to think of this from Tommy’s point of view as well as from UKIP’s. If he became a member of our Party this might prevent people who are members of other Parties from supporting him and his views, and this would not help either him or our Party. Personally, having seen many of his videos and interviews and also read his books, I consider him a great English hero and I shall support him as much as I can and would urge other Kippers to do the same. Tommy has now sacked his legal team because they want him to plead guilty to the offences he is charged with and he will not do this, so he will be defending himself at the next court case on 23rd October. He now feels that no matter what happens in the court, he will be sent back to jail. I am now very worried that if this happens he will lose his life. There is also the likelihood that since Tommy knows that he has a form of PTSD following what was done to him in jail, like Marine Le Pen he might be threatened with an psychiatric investigation, and sectioned. This is what used to happen in the USSR.
==================================================================
The following is the reply to my comment by Vivian Evans, the Duty Editor of the UKIP Daily:

Duty Editor at UKIP Daily ([email protected])
To:you Details
Comment Reply "The Real Tommy Robinson"
Author: Kevin Baverstock (IP address: 86.142.30.178)
Email: Hidden
URL:
Comment:
If he's defending himself he will go back to jail. He probably does have PTSD - otherwise he should take the legal counsel that has been crowd funded- because sacking his lawyers is irrational.
I'm afraid that going to the Old Bailey and representing yourself, even when completely calm and of sound mind, would be catastrophic in 99% of cases.
He should reverse that decision.
See this advice....
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/26/dont-defend-yourself-in-court-tips-legal-systemYou can see all comments on this post here:
https://www.ukipdaily.com/the-real-tommy-robinson/comment-page-1/#comment-91398#comments

I shall also be sending this to Tommy's supporters, Ezra Levant and Katie Hopkins.

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • +94/-0
    • TruthWars
Re: Tommy Robinson is going to conduct his own defence
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 05:53:02 PM »
 :o  :o  :o

Hope I'm wrong, but this I believe is a big mistake.

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

COMODO SECURE