show/hide profile info
Register to take part
email

Tommy Robinson phoned me at 7 a.m. this morning.

• 0 Replies

Offline the leveller

• Global Moderator
  • +75/-0
« on: March 11, 2019, 09:11:27 PM »
Dear N
He asked me if I could come to the UK immediately to cover his trial that starts tomorrow morning in Peterborough.
So I’d have to get on the plane today, fly overnight from Canada, land at Heathrow at dawn, and then drive or take the train up to the court house to be there by 10 a.m.
I’ll admit, I was surprised to get this call from him — basically telling me to drop everything and pack my bags immediately!
Now, this is not the contempt of court prosecution of Tommy. That’s not until March 22nd.
This is Tommy suing the Cambridgeshire police for abusing his family.
I had forgotten about this case and I don’t think it was at the forefront of Tommy’s mind either — obviously the contempt of court prosecution later this month is far more grave, as it could potentially see him thrown in prison again.
But this trial tomorrow is important too.
Let me remind you what this is about.
Tommy was at a restaurant with his family — he was taking his kids out to watch football.
Then suddenly a squad of police swarmed him, and his family, and told him to get out of the city or be arrested.
No reason. He was just in a restaurant.
The police were utter bullies. It was like something you’d see in Iran or Venezuela.
They came at him with his kids there, on purpose — to traumatize them. Take a look at the video:
That’s what this is about. Except for this time, Tommy is fighting back — by suing them in civil court.
He’ll be able to cross-examine the police officers.
Why did they do this?
Who told them to do it? It violated every norm of policing.
Why did they abuse his family?
Why did they make his children cry?
Who put them up to it?
Tommy tells me the body camera footage from the police is shocking — and it even shows an officer saying he can’t believe they did what they did.
Tommy tells me the police have tried to settle this case several times, to avoid this information becoming public. That’s why it must go to trial.
But you know that old saying — if a tree falls in the forest, and no-one’s around to hear, did it make a sound?
We can’t trust the BBC or Channel 4 or ITV or Sky or any of them. I mean, do you think John Sweeney is going to cover him fairly?
And Tommy pointed out that since he’s been banned from Twitter and Facebook, he can’t very well defend himself either, can he?
So he asked me to literally get on a plane tonight, to come cover his three-day trial.
I’ve rearranged my schedule to help my old friend. I really wasn’t planning on coming to the UK until his contempt of court hearing. But I understand why he wants me there.
I immediately went online, and the cheapest flight that gets me in early enough is $2,800 Canadian — that’s £1,600. I’ll have a few other expenses too, and we’ll need to hire a UK-based cameraman. If I stay for all three days, I think my total expenses, and those of my cameraman, will be close to £3,000.
It’s short notice, but Tommy said he really wants me there. In all the excitement about the contempt of court case against him, I think this one sort of slipped through the cracks.
I think I can do a good job. But can you please help cover my flight and the cost of my UK cameraman? Tommy asked me for a favour, and I want to do it. Can you please do me a favour, and help cover my costs?
I’ll put all of my videos from this trial up at www.TommyTrial.com. And that’s where you can go to help chip in. Frankly, I think it will be a fascinating and rare investigation into how the police target Tommy, and how they abuse their power to silence his politics.
Thanks very much — see you tomorrow from the court.
Yours truly,
Ezra Levant
P.S. I really wasn’t planning on going back to the UK until Tommy’s contempt hearing on March 22nd — and I’m bringing a bunch of other journalists with me for that one. But Tommy called me up this morning in a bit of a panic that there would be no honest reporters at his trial tomorrow.
Please help me keep my promise to him — if you can help me cover my last-minute economy-class airfare, I’d be grateful. Please click here.
P.P.S. All of my videos from the trial will be at www.TommyTrial.com and I’ll “live-tweet” the trial from the court, if the judge allows it too. So make sure to tune in tomorrow, starting at 10 a.m. GMT!
The Rebel · Box 61056 Eglinton/Dufferin RO, Toronto, ON M6E 5B2, Canada

email

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

COMODO SECURE