C.I.A. Data Shows a 14 Year Project On Controlling Human Behavior .

• 0 Replies

Offline sr john

• Sr John .
  • +8/-0
JULY 21, 1977 .

WASHINGTON, July 20 The Central Intelligence Agency conducted a 14  year program to find ways to  control human behavior  through the use of chemical, biological and radio logical material, according to agency documents made public today by John Marks, a freelance journalist .

Mr. Marks, an associate of the Centre  for National Security Studies, asserted at a news conference that Adm. Stansfield Turner, Director of Central Intelligence, in a letter to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence last week,  seriously distorted  what the C.I.A. research programs involved .

Mr. Marks said that, based on documents about the program he had received under the Freedom of Information Act, he had concluded that Admiral Turner  seems to be practising what used to be called ‘a modified limited hangout  when he called the agency's activity   program of experimentation with drugs .

To be sure, drugs were part of it  he said,  but so were such other techniques as electric shock, radiation, ultrasonics, psychosurgery, psychology and incapacitating agents,   all of which were referred to in documents I have received .

The documents made public today and the disclosure by the C.I.A. last week that it had found another cache of previously undiscovered records suggested broader experimentation on unwitting humans by the intelligence agency or its paid researchers than had been publicly known before. Mr. Marks said he had obtained or read about 1,000 C.I.A. documents, many of which were never turned over to the Senate intelligence committee for its 1975 investigation of agency activities .

Continue reading the main story .

C.I.A. spokesmen declined comment on Mr. Marks's charges. However, Admiral Turner told newsmen after leaving a meeting with senators that the agency was moving swiftly to review the documents it had found .

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/07/21/archives/cia-data-show-14year-project-on-controlling-human-behavior-data.html?smid=fb-share .

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 11:26:10 AM by sr john »
Spreading The Truth .
Thanks  Sr John .

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk