Silicon Valley final frontier for mobile payments .

• 0 Replies

Offline sr john

• Sr John .
  • +8/-0
Silicon Valley final frontier for mobile payments .
« on: September 24, 2019, 09:43:37 PM »
Published: Sept 23, 2019 .

Ditching credit cards for facial recognition removes the last physical barrier between our bodies and Corporate America Aram Sinnreich recently went grocery shopping at a Whole Foods Market in his hometown of Washington, D.C., and realized he had left his wallet at home. He had no cards and no cash, but he had no reason to worry  at least, not about paying for his food.  I used my iPhone to pay, and I unlocked it with my face he said .

That's   when it struck him: We are just one small step away from paying with our bodily features alone. With in-store facial-recognition machines, he wouldn't   even need his smartphone. Sinnreich, associate professor of communication studies at American University, said he got a glimpse of the future that day .

Bio metric technology is infiltrating every other aspect of our digital lives. Next stop: replacing your wallet.
Bio metric mobile wallets  payment technologies using our faces, fingerprints or retinas   already exist. Notable technology companies including Apple AAPL, +0.29% and Amazon AMZN, +0.31% await a day when a critical mass of consumers is sufficiently comfortable walking into a store and paying for goods without a card or device, according to Sinnreich, author of  The Essential Guide to Intellectual Property .

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-technology-that-should-finally-make-your-wallet-obsolete-2019-09-06 .

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 12:17:57 AM by sr john »
Spreading The Truth .
Thanks  Sr John .

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk