• +75/-0
Keep your cake, Donald
« on: October 16, 2016, 09:07:48 PM »

14 October 2016
 By Nick O'Connor
 London, England

Keep your cake, Donald
Dear Reader,

Ah, Donald Tusk you absolute scallywag. Surely you have better things to do than talk Brexit all day?

What am I saying. You’re a politician. You’re an EU politician. Of course you don’t have anything of real value to contribute!

If you haven’t heard Tusk’s latest speech, he has a suggestion for you. If you believe that Britain can keep its single market membership without accepting freedom of movement, try this: “To all who believe in it, I propose a simple experiment. Buy a cake, eat it, and see if it is still there on the plate.”

I’ll have a go, Donald. But not because you told me to. I was going to eat a cake anyway. Clearly he believes that people who aren’t smart enough to understand politics might understand cake instead.

This culminated in Tusk boiling his position down to: “It’s either Hard Brexit or no Brexit.”

We’ll see. Tusk – like many people preparing the battleground ahead of negotiations (which keep in mind haven’t started yet, this is just the preamble) – appears to be operating from a position of strength. The falling pound probably reinforces that.

But really, Tusk is operating from a position of desperation. The EU must be defended at all costs. Brexit is a challenge to that. If Britain gets what is perceived to be a good deal then who else will leave? That’s what’s keeping people like Tusk up at night.

---------- You may be interested in ----------

URGENT: Claim your copy of the 2016 MoneyWeek Conference DVD – while it’s still available.

If you want to know where MoneyWeek’s experts think the monetary system is heading… what happens next to Europe’s banks… and which assets former $3bn fund manager Charlie Morris thinks you should buy now…

Claim your copy of the DVD here – now.

Warning: After 12pm on Monday, this DVD investment boxset will no longer be available.
SOURCE-Capital and Conflict

Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk